Monday, April 23, 2018

Beautiful People - Favorites Edition {And the FINAL Beautiful People!}



My absolutely favorite blog linkup is ENDING. And I’m a blubbering ball of sadness. *cue the waterworks*


I’m sure most of you know about Beautiful People—a linkup hosted by Sky @ Further Up and Further In and Cait @ Paperfury, in which each month they ask questions for us to answer about our story characters. Talking about my characters (or, ya know, ANY fictional characters) is my favoritest thing on this earth, so naturally I was alllll about this linkup! And GUYS, I’ve been doing it since my first year of blogging. Since before Cait was one of the hosts and instead Sky did it with her friend Georgie. I’ve joined in on almost every BP for the last 7 years. AND NOW IT’S ENDING. I am much sadness, but I absolutely understand. Sky and Cait are busy people, I totally get that. I’m just feeling all nostalgic. *sniff, sniff*


BUT. Before saying farewell for an undetermined amount of time, our ever illustrious hosts have cooked up an extra special Beautiful People to say goodbye with a bang. This one is all about FAVORITES. And I do love favorites, so I am excited!


Though a lot of the questions are centered on my writing in general, some still ask about a specific character. It was hard trying to decide which of my (maaaaany) characters to end BP with. I had finally narrowed it down to Rose and the Dragon (the “beauty” and “beast” from Burning Thorns). Buuut I couldn’t pick one sooo…I’M DOING BOTH. ‘Cause hey, it’s the last BP. Let’s go all out!

 

Visit Sky @ Further Up and Further In or Cait @ Paperfury to join the (FINAL!!!) BP linkup!


BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
FAVORITE’S EDITION

 

1.) Favorite genre to write in?


FANTASYYYYYY!!! (Is anyone surprised?) The ability to literally create anything I want with absolutely zero real-world limitations appeals to my creative-loving soul like no other.


Also fantasy involves DRAGONS. So, like, why would I write anything else???



Okay, but if we’re being specific here, YA speculative fiction is my niche. I’ve written a couple of steampunk stories, time travel, dystopian, high fantasy, modern fantasy, a retelling, and…yeah. I really like spec-fic. But pure fantasy is my #1 BFF.

 

2.) What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?


The Dragon: Wellll, I supposed it’d be amusing if he read the original Beauty and the Beast fairytale or any B&B story period. Since his story is a Beauty and the Beast retelling. Eheheheh. Buuut I think I’m going to steal Skye's and Kendra's answers and say the Bible. He could…probably use it. Ahem.


Rose: I think she’d absolutely love Lord of the Rings. She probably needs that reminder that the smallest, seemingly most insignificant person can make the biggest difference, and that there is always hope no matter how dark things become. Plus she just loves reading and good stories so win-win here.


 

3.) Favorite piece of dialogue you’ve written?


Good gracious. I’m supposed to choose one scene of dialogue out of the over a dozen stories I’ve written? *pokes through stories*


OKAY. I do not have a favorite favorite, but I did find this one from my dystopian novel, Fallen Matter, that made me chuckle.


Redness caught my eye, and I found a splotch of blood covering Lykan's upper right arm. "You're hurt."

"That's what happens when you don't wear your seatbelt and let an idiot drive."

I bristled. "You told me to!"

"That was before I knew how incompetent you were. Really, is it that hard to keep your eyes on the road?"

"You shouldn't have been hanging out the door of a speeding vehicle!"

"It's called saving your life, so I think the proper response would be a thank you. Those authoritaters were never going to give up."


Man, I haven’t looked at this story in aaaaages. It was fun revisiting it and these characters (mainly Lykan *COUGH*).


 

4.) What did your character want to be when they grew up, and what did they actually become?


The Dragon: He was honestly so busy avoiding what he didn’t want to be and just surviving, he didn’t really take the time to think about the occupation he would have pursued if he had had the choice. But when he was a child he always admired the high life and dreamed of living in the castle. So something prestigious would have been his choice, though, as a peasant, it was an impossible dream. And he became…a beast. Eheh. But he does in fact live in a castle now but ahahahaha it’s not exactly the life he dreamed of…


Rose: Though Rose’s situation is far different from the Dragon’s, she, too, has always had her life set out for her, not leaving her much room to dream of any other options. Really, she just wants to please her father, no matter what. (And yes I’m being vague because #SPOILERS) Althooough I suspect being a librarian would be something she’d leap at the chance of. But what did she grow up to become? Mmmm. Spoilers! *grins*

 

5.) Favorite character name(s)?


UGH. So many characters!


I think my top favorite is proooobably Iavin (from the Colors of a Dragon Scale series). It’s like Ivan but with an UH in the middle. Eye-UH-vin. No clue why I like it so much, but I do! I’ve always loved names starting with vowels.


I also really like Eryth (AIR-rith), Calgora, and Eldoren from the same series.


Ethryl is from a trilogy I have called The Traveling Library and may be my favorite female name. (Except it looks too much like Eryth and I think I need to respell one of their names…?)


Annnd I’m very fond of Karis (from The Nether Isle). That’s such a pretty name.


Okay I’m stopping now I promise. I just have SO MANY CHARACTERS and am totally named obsessed so yeah.

 

6.) What makes your character feel loved, and who was the last person to make them feel that way?


The Dragon: Words of affirmation is his love language. Harsh words and disgust is all he has experienced for many, many years, so praise and reassurance touches his heart deeply. He’s also not-so-great at expressing kind, meaningful things vocally, and admires those who can and do. And, naturally, Rose was the last person to show him this kindness. (BRB SOBBING.)


Rose: For Rose, it’s all about quality time. She values spending time with people, and when someone, in turn, wants to spend time with her, she’ll basically instantly make them her BFF. It means so much to her when others show they like her enough to want to use their valuable time with her. Though a kind word can definitely go a long way with her as well. And who made her feel loved last? Ummm…that depends on what point it is in the story. In the last section I edited it was a random guard. XDD Buuut also the Dragon, obviously. Sort of. Mostly. (Let’s just pretend I’m not ruining all of their lives. Eheheheh.)

 

7.) Favorite character you’ve ever written?


AHA! You thought I’d agonize over this question, didn’t you? WELL. I’m actually a terrible person and tooootally pick favorites between my children. *smile, smile*


The answer would be Cael from the Colors of a Dragon Scale series. He’s probably the most complex character I’ve ever written. He’s an antagonist and not. Literally the worst but also kind of totally nice. Very charismatic and fun while also driving everyone craaaazy. He’s sort of snarky, but really not in a nasty way. More fun-loving, honestly. He cares about people buuuut also sometimes has, erm, warped views about things. And just…I DON’T KNOW. He is a conundrum and I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! He also has an extremely complicated and fascinating backstory and just yeah. Cael. He’s something.

 

This looks sooo much like how I imagine him.
(Pic found on
Pinterest)

But he also has a big head and if he knew he was my favorite character I’d never hear the end of it GAWSH.


My secondary favorite is Iavin, who happens to be Cael’s best friend…and enemy. (I TOLD YOU IT’S CONFUSING.) Iavin is a little shy, awkward cinnamon roll and my absolute faaavorite character to write the POV of. His nervous, adorable thought-process gives me life, honestly. Also he’s a half-elf which is always fun!

 

Totally Iavin
(Pic found on
Pinterest)


Honorable mentions go to: Airen (Colors of a Dragon Scale), Lark (Burning Thorns), Lykan (Fallen Matter), Karis and Jonah (The Nether Isle), annnd…literally every single one of my characters ever because even though I say I choose favorites I REALLY JUST LOVE ALL MY BBYS SO MUCH!!!

 

My babies that I seem to take pleasure in
torturing but hahahaha details.

 

8.) If your character were permanently leaving town, what would they easily throw out? What would they refuse to part with? (Why?)


The Dragon: He really has no prized possessions and would be pretty much fine going with only the clothes on his back. He’s used to living with nothing. Though I suppose the clothes on his back would be the thing he’d refuse to part with, because he has to cover himself fully to hide his, erm, deformities. The idea of people seeing his true form horrifies him. He would probably also take a certain iron dagger because of…reasons. (Gotta love my vague answers!)


Rose: Well, she sort of did leave town and she was in her nightgown and had literally nothing. Buuut in normal circumstances, she’d probably pack plenty of gowns and lots of good reading material, and maybe something special to remember her mother by, like a rose from the gardens where her and her mother spent so much time. She’d press it in a book to preserve it. That way she’d have a piece of home and her mother with her forever. I don’t know what she’d easily throw out. I think as long as she had enough clothes and books, everything else could go.

 

9.) Favorite tropes to write!


I totally love the rags to riches trope! Giving my poor, struggling characters like…an entire kingdom is way, way too much fun.


I’m also a total sucker for amnesic characters. Yes, I know it’s sooo overused but I LIKE IT. Something about having a character who literally has NO CLUE who they are and then watching them slowly get their memories back is so, sooo fun! And can also add a lot of wonderful emotion. (I mean, BUCKY. COME ON!) It’s great!

 

Because you needed Bucky feels today. You’re welcome.


The bantering male and female ships also give me life. As do snarky dudes with hearts of gold hidden deep, deeeep inside them somewhere.


Tropes can be fun, guys! Usually they’re overused because they work.

 

10.) Which story has your heart and won't let go?


…All of them? Seriously, I adore ALL my stories. Each and every one has such a special place in my heart. Most of them are total embarrassing disasters that need complete and utter rewrites BUT I STILL LOVE THEM. I love the characters, I love the concepts. I just love writing!


Right now Burning Thorns has me wrapped around it so tightly I can barely think of anything else, and I’m totally okay with that. But that really happens with any story I’m working on at the time. My favorite story tends to be the one I’m working on at that moment.

 

11.) Favorite relationship between characters you’ve written?


Another question you’d think would be extremely difficult but NOPE. I can say, without a single doubt, that Cael and Iavin’s friendship is 100000% my favorite relationship I have ever written. It’s sooo complicated and messy and tragic and ridiculous and fun and makes me laugh and cry all at the same time. The bromance is STRONG.


Cael is so flighty and sure of himself and charismatic and the total leader, where Iavin is the scared puppy who barely knows how to use his own paws and is both fascinated and horrified over Cael but is too timid to speak up and tell Cael that no he in fact doesn’t want to go on death-defying, world-ending quests thankyouverymuch. Basically Iavin risks his life on a constant basis because he’s too shy to tell Cael no. He does eventually get a smidge of backbone and learns how to handle Cael, but the growth of their friendship is so entertaining to watch.


Come on now," he stood and grabbed Iavin's arm, "you really should be sleeping."

"But—"

"We've got another full day of traveling tomorrow. You need your sleep." Cael pulled him to a stand, dragged him back to Nemayn, and practically tucked him to bed, carefully making sure Iavin's cloaks covered him sufficiently. "You sleep well now."

Iavin watched the boy walk off, not entirely sure what just happened but far too sleepy and cold to figure it out.


Sometimes Cael mothers Iavin and it amuses me endlessly.

 

12.) Toni Morrison once said, “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” What are the books that you want to see more of, and what “holes” do you think need filling in the literary world?


Well how convenient that I literally published an entire post about this last week! Completely on happenstance too, because I had written last week’s post weeeeks ago, long before this BP came out. I’m just psychic I guess. *puts on sunglasses*


Anyways, you can read the post HERE.

 

13.) Favorite pinterest board / aesthetic for a book?


I LOVE THIS QUESTION. Pinterest = LIFE.


I think my favorite would have to be the Burning Thorns board, mainly because I’ve put the most effort into it. Plus I just adore the dark forest-y feel of it.



Though I’m also very fond of the dark, whimsical feel of the The Nether Isle board, even though it’s pretty small right now.


 

14.) Favorite time periods & settings to work with?


Medieval fantasy has aaalways been my go-to. It’s my comfort zone. BUT, at the same time, I quite like occasionally slipping out of it and trying something utterly new.


The grungy, futuristic, dystopian world of Fallen Matter was so, so, sooo different. Basically the complete opposite of my usual setting, but I loved that. I loved working with technology and futuristic buildings and contemporary speech. I utterly adored the strange, 1920s-esque, steampunk setting of The Nether Isle. The McGuffin Book, another story I have that…I never got far with at all but still plays in my head quite often, was a set in modern times buuut had mythical beasts and magic which was fun.


But, I still always fall back to a medieval, European, fantasy setting. Still though, I think in general as long as it has fantasy or, ya know, not strictly real world elements, I love it. Being limited by real world things bores me to tears. XD


 

15.) When people are done reading your book, what feeling do you want them to come away with?


With every single one of my books, I want the reader to close it with a spark of hope igniting inside them. With a satisfied smile, a content sigh. With the unshakeable truth stirring inside them that there is always light in this world, it’s just a matter of finding it, holding on to it, and never letting the darkness reign.


And I want them to feel as though they just experienced a wild, emotional, amazing journey with a cast of characters they don’t want to say goodbye to.


Whether I achieve this ahahahahahaha! WHO KNOWS. But this asked what I want, not necessarily what I accomplish, SO.



And with that, we reach the end of my last Beautiful People post for the unforeseeable future. *sniffity sniff*


Thank you, Sky and Cait, for the delightful linkup. Every single one brought me a better understanding of my characters and stories, and was just a blast all around. I do hope it returns one day, but if not, I sure am glad for the time we did have with BP!


 

TALK WITH ME!

Have you joined in with this last Beautiful People? (If you haven’t, you shoooould!) But I’m super curious, what is your favorite time period/setting to write in? Annnd what’s your favorite ever character name you have? (I told you I’m name obsessed.) Come, let’s chat about all the writerly things!

30 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHH THE BUCKY FEELS I didn't need those today. Nope. Not in the least.

    But I do love those characters with memory problems/plots. Maybe because I have some memory issues myself, and it's nice to know I'm not alone, that I'm not the only one who literally has no clue what's going on, forgot something that happens .02 seconds ago, and carries around a slip of paper with important info JUST IN CASE.

    But I do agree that some things are tropes for a reason - people love them, and they WORK.

    I can't believe I missed the whole BP linkup. (Shows up late...the party is finished and a few people are still around cleaning up, lol.) But really, this post was wonderful. Now I'm going to be muttering "Iavin" all day, because it IS fun to say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahahaha! I mean...ahem. Sorry! *smile, smile*

      I feel you! Sometimes I get embarrassed over how awful my memory is. Like, writers are supposed to remember every little thing but I'm just like I DON'T KNOW. It's bad... *shakes head*

      EXACTLY! Some tropes I do get annoyed by, but some are there because we all love 'em and there's no reason to get rid of them!

      Awww! But hey, you can still join in on this one! It's got a few more days left!
      Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hehehe. I rather like saying it myself.

      Delete
  2. Oooh that's how you pronounce his name! I've always struggled with that, I thought it was pronounced Ee-aa-vin, with the harsher vowel sounds...

    Medieval fantasy is definitely my favorite genre to write, it doesn't take as much research as historical books. :P But modern can be fun, since it's the closest to what we know.

    Picking favorites is so hard! My favorite guy name that I made would have to be Celtimus, but close second would be Shakati (Shuh-kah'-tee) and for girl's names it would be Browyn (Bro'-win) and Kashada (Kuh-shay'-duh).

    I also loved the fact that most of your favorite characters are the mischievous, bad-boy with heart of gold guys. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Hmmmm. I always fear people won't know how to pronounce my made up names, because I'm the worst about figuring out how to spell them. XD

      Modern settings can definitely be fun! Having modern conveniences and setting the novel in a place we're familiar with has its perks for sure. But yes, medieval fantasy is my life. And I do love not having to research errrything. ;D

      OH MY GOODNESS. I LOVE YOUR NAMES! :O Browyn is so pretty. And the others are just fun to say! Shakati especially just leaps off the tongue. Love 'em!

      Hehehehehe! I do seem to have a (fictional) type, don't I? *grins*

      Delete
  3. You know, I've been looking forward to your BP post since it got put up! So I was very happy to see this post....I've been waiting all week for it, actually :D

    You and I have the same goal in our writing!!!! EEEE!!! Hope and light and beauty....I feel like it's so important to come away from a book feeling like that's true. So much stuff I've been reading lately has been either super dark or super fluffy....like please, PLEASE, let's find the middle ground! Please!

    My favorite character names are all the ones I made up for my fantasy series, I think: Rishatta, Burashna, Kariana, Pentegreen, etc....I love all your names, especially Iavan! ,3

    Fantasy only for me, too. I just can't do real-world stuff...I've tried, I swear. Ugh. :P (although if it's dystopian or alt-his, I can do it....but then I'm kind of inventing the world anyway, so the same thing, essentially. XD)

    And I did this BP! Broke hiatus to do it, actually ;)

    Lovely post! All your pinterest boards and aesthetics and ARGHHHHHHHH... (oh and bantering ships are the BEST.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? AWWWWW!!! That's so sweet! I was thrilled to see your post as well! Naturally we couldn't NOT do the last BP, right?

      YESSSSH! *high-fives* Let's fill the literary world with hope!

      Your names are so nice! They have such a lovely medieval fantasy feel. I especially adore Kariana!
      Awww, thanks! Some of my names can get pretty wild. I've tried to tame them as I've gotten older. XD But I do love Iavin.

      Yep! "The real world is a lovely place but I wouldn't want to live there." *grins* And yes, I get you. I did do dystopian once, but I still added some fantasy sci-fi elements. I just CAN'T do realistic stuff. It's not my style. XD

      AND I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE IT!!!

      Thanks so much, Faith! Your comment made me smile! <3

      Delete
  4. NOOO! I don't want it to eeeend!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tears*
    It was fun while it lasted!
    AH! Your characters are just so precious. <3
    BUCKY. THOSE FEELS. AH! *cries*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOOOOW!!!! I AM ALL THE SAD!

      Awwww! Thank you! It always makes me happy when other people show interest in my babies. ^_^

      *CACKLES* Sowwyyyy. (But seriously, BUCKYYY! *SOBS*)

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love seeing all your aesthetic boards. :) And thanks a LOT for that Bucky gif. Now my heart's gonna hurt for the rest of the morning. ;)

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy you liked them!

      Ehehehe. You're welcome! *smile, smile* (Okay, actually, I hurt myself searching for that gif so yeah...)

      Delete
  6. I'm so sad it's over! It's such a good link up. My Otp!
    I have missed those two a lot.
    All of your characters and stories sound amazing!

    I'm already fangirling over Cael and Iavin! I love when characters mother each other. <3

    Fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! I loved it so much. I'm going to miss doing it AND seeing everyone else's posts. *sniff, sniff*

      D'awww, Skye! You are the sweetest. You fangirling over my stories and characters basically gives me life! <3333

      I love it when characters mother each other too. It's so cute and hilarious.

      Thanks yoouuu! *hugs*

      Delete
  7. I’m gonna miss it so much! So sad it’s over.
    These are such fun answers and all your different stories and characters sound so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It was such a great linkup. *sniff*

      *blushes* Thank you! I can't tell you how much that means to me! <3

      Delete
  8. Great answers! I love bromances. ^ ^ I'm going to miss BP tooo. :(

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori!

      Oh goodness, me too! They're kind of my favorite. XD

      I'm gonna miss it so much! *sobs*

      Delete
  9. I'm so going to miss BP too...I'm pretty sure that's how I found all of these lovely bloggers all over the place.

    I dearly loved all of your answers - especially the relationship between Cael and Iavin :). They sound truly adorable.

    I love more of the unusual names, like Caoimhe, Jessamine, Kestrel, Eirwen, and Alvilda for my characters. I chalk it up to my love of fantasy too :0.

    Lovely post, Christine!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so SAD! I think it helped me really get into the blogging world myself. It was such a lovely linkup.

      *beams* Thank you so much! And that makes me happy. I do love my boys. <3

      Oh my goodness, I ADORE THOSE NAMES! Some of them are so very Irish like, which I love. I'm with you. Unusual names are the best!

      Thanks, Catherine! <3

      Delete
  10. Hum, my favorite character name is Kerina, the main character in my current WIP. I also love the name Jenali. There are just so many to choose from!
    Most of my stories have been fantasy, however I love the style that is basically the 1700's with magic. Just as a step up from medieval fantasy, but not quite steampunk yet. If that makes any sense.....
    I really want to read about Iavin!!! You should formally introduce him to us someday. *nods eagerly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerina is a GORGEOUS name! I love names that start with K. And Janali has a great ring to it!

      OH OH. I think I know what you're talking about and YES. I love that flavor too! It's sooort of like historical fiction but with a fantasy flair and YES. It's really fun! The 1700s is one of my favorite time periods, so couple it with fantasy and I'm ALL there.

      Awwww! That just makes me happy you're interesting in my character. I may have to do that... Though shy Iavin would be HORRIFIED at the public exposure. XD

      Delete
  11. *ugly cries over BP ending*

    All your answers are PERFECTION!! I loved this post! XD

    Oh, goodness, Lykan. XD

    I love all those names tooo! You're the best at them!

    IAVIN AND CAELLLL! I wanna read their storyyyy! ^___^

    I... I'm addicted to using the amnesia trope too. :x I NEED TO STAHP. But I can't help myself. It keep showing up in a bunch of my WIPs. XD

    (Don't give me Bucky feels. DOOOON'T--! Too late. GAHH. MAH BUCKY. D:)

    ALL YOUR ASTHETICS THO'.

    I love that you do all kinds of spec fic. :D ALL THE FANTASYYY.

    (PARKER.)

    "a wild, emotional, amazing journey with a cast of characters they don’t want to say goodbye to." <--Mm-hmm. Pretty much. XD

    ANYWAY THESE WERE FUN. Thank you for shariiiing! <3 I always love your BP posts and... I'm really sad it's over. D: But hurray for going out with blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cries with you* IT'S SO SAD!

      *grins* That makes me happy!

      Hehehe. It's been SUCH a long time since I've even thought of that story. I forgot how much fun he is! (And how terrible. XD)

      Oh goodness, thank you. I can come up with some WEIRD names, but I think I'm getting a smidge better at making them pronounceable. Lol.

      *BEAMS* I'M SO GLAD! Hopefully one day!

      IT'S JUST SO FUNNNN. I've used it multiple times too, but it's really addicting!

      (SOWWYYYYY. *cough*)

      Awww! I really need to put more effort in a lot of my storyboards. Some of my older ones are a MESS. But thank you!

      ALL OF IT! :D It's so fun to play around with. Fantasy is just so infinite and it's the BEST!

      (Always Parker! ;D)

      That's always the goal, right? ^_^

      THANK YOOOUUU!!! So glad you enjoyed it. It's very sad it's over, but this was such a great final one, yes!

      Delete
  12. Love all your answers! And I agree on the amnesia thing—while I don’t like to see it used as a deus ex machina, I *do* enjoy it when it’s done right and leads to cool, dramatic moments.

    I think my favorite time period is still the 1920s, though the 40s are fun too. (I’ll get there someday.) :D Favorite character name...probably Malcolm Blackfire, because I just like how it sounds for some reason. Although Crispin is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! ^_^

      Oh goodness, when it's used as a deus ex machina it's SO annoying. But when done cleverly it can be a blast! Yep, totally agree.

      I'm honestly a sucker for the 20s, 30s, AND 40s. They're such fun time periods. So I'll be happy with any of those in your stories! (Though now I'm curious about your future plans. o.o)

      Malcolm Blackfire is the coolest. Literally the most fitting name for a dragon! AND CRISPIN. I distinctly remember when I first read The Beast of Talesend and saw Crispin's name I was like, "I LOVE THAT NAME." And it fits him so well. All your names are really fun, and perfect for each character.

      Delete
  13. I love this!! Although I don't write myself, I love seeing other people's Beautiful People posts and hearing about all the things that they're writing! (It's kind of like getting a sneak peek of a book before it's even being done written!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Awww! That's really good to know even my non-writer followers enjoy posts about my stories. And I'm with you. Getting a sneak peek at everyone's books is the greatest! I will so miss the BP posts! *sniff, sniff*

      Delete
  14. Well, thanks for the Bucky feels...Really...Needed that today... *bursts into tears* XD

    Also, all of your characters' names are SO GORGEOUS AND I LOVE THEM. :D One of my favorite parts of characterization is coming up with the names. (I probably spend too much time on it, but...) XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* You're welcooooome!

      Oh my goodness. You think so? THANK YOU!!! I've always kinda thought I was the worst at coming up with names, so that encourages me so much. Because yes, names are the BEST!

      Delete
  15. *hugs every word of this post*

    All I can say is:

    a) Reading this makes me realize how much I miss my Christine's characters and beautiful writing!

    b) Like I really, really do miss Rose and the Dragon. <3

    d) Yep. I DO always walk away from your stories with a feeling of light and hope amidst the darkness! Good grief, that's practically the whole point of Burning Thorns! <333 *whispers* Seriously, I just want to curl up with your latest draft of BT right now. *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flaaails* This whole comment just gives me ALL the warm, fuzzy feels. TRACEEEEY. YOU ARE TOO PRECIOUS. How am I supposed to even respond to this niceness? Thank you so much! Your encouragement and enthusiasm for my stores just fill me up. I honestly cannot even express how much. You are a gem! <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...