Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Bible Verse Memorization

As you have probably noticed, I have a Bible Verse of the Week on the side bar. Each Monday I shall change it to a new one. Why am I pointing this out? Well, my little sister and I are going to memorize one verse from the Bible every week, and the verse I put on the side there will be the one we are currently memorizing. To anyone reading this or interested, I thought I would ask you to join us. Memorizing one verse a week is actually very simple and barely takes anytime at all to do. Plus, it is very, very rewarding.

The Bible says-

“Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.”
Psalm 119:11

It is very important to God that we learn His Word and keep it in our heart; for if we have His truths lying in our hearts, they serve as armor to guard against the evil of the world and the fiery darts Satan throws at us. As we struggle day to day, a verse might pop into our heads to help us with whatever situation we face. Then there are the others around us who might need guidance. Opportunity arises at very unexpected times, so having verses ready and memorized is very important for countless situations.

What my little sister and I do is we get a piece of paper and colored pencils, then write down the verse and decorate our paper. After it is all prettified, we hang it somewhere in our rooms where we will see it every day. This way it is quite easy to memorize. I have mine hanging on my desk where I see it very often. Writing it out also helps memorize it. You can use any system you like, this is just how we do it. It makes it fun!^^

Just think of how many verses you will have memorized if you keep this up for an entire year. And then two. Then three. How rewarding that will be!

The Lord’s Word is beautiful and sharper than any two-edged sword. Just one verse a week is so simple, and yet so very, very rewarding.

Bible and Key

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea. When I was in elementary school, we used to be required to learn a verse a week (and all the classes would recite their verse in chapel, sounding very much like little robots), but I haven't really done much memorisation since then. Maybe I'll start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should!^^

    I used to memorize verses a lot when I was younger, but just kind of stopped for a while myself. So this really helps me get back into it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...