Belle over at In My Life made a fun little "getting to know you” tag that I couldn’t resist snagging. Tags are always fun! And if you don’t follow Belle, you should! She’s such a sweet person and has a delightful blog.
1. What are three of your hobbies?
Writing, obviously. Does reading obsessively count? I do it so much I think it qualifies as one of my hobbies at this point. *nods* And playing the piano.
2. What is your favorite season?
Used to it was Spring, but that’s switched over in just the past year or two to either Fall or Winter, I can never decide between the two. Probably Fall, it’s such a fantastic time. I still love Spring though! Honestly, I love all the season, except Summer is sometimes miserable. I hate the heat.
3. Heels or sneakers?
Er. . .neither? I rarely wear heels but I also almost never have on sneakers. Boots (without the heels usually) is my favorite thing to wear! Flip flops are great. And any cute little flats. But I guess I’m not answering the question. I’ll go with heels, I wear them more than sneakers.
4. Casual or Fancy?
Casual is nice around the house, but I love getting all fancy!
5. What do you prefer, a Birthday party or a girls sleepover party?
Sleepover! I always loooooved sleepovers. They were just the best! Some of my best memories are at sleepover parties.
6. What do you enjoy posting about more?
Writing! I think you’ve all probably gathered that by now though, haven’t you? Although sometimes I just like posting total nonsense about lemons and the like.
7. How old are you?
*hobbles forward on cane* 2,459 years ago, a person was born. Her name: Not Lauri. Ahem. There was a person born 21 years ago though, and I happen to be it. But sometimes I feel 2,000 years old. And then other times 4 years old. Rarely do I actually feel 21. Hee.
8. When is your birthday?
Somewhere between January 1st and December 31st. Or is it? *cue Twilight Zone music*
9. Do you like the thrill of a roller coaster?
I’ve actually never been on a roller coaster. I know, shocking. I have a heart condition and doing such a thing might be too strenuous on it, so I just avoid them. But that’s fine, I think I’m too chicken to try them even if I could. I doubt I’d enjoy it.
10. Do you like watching movies in a theater?
YESSSSS!!!! One of my most favorite activities is going to the theater!
11. What would be your ideal job in the future?
Companion to the Doctor. *nod seriously*
Okay, okay. Full time writer. That would be fabulous.
12. Are you into sports? If so which ones?
Sports? Hahahaha! Everyone that knows me knows to steer clear of that topic while around me. I SO am not into sports. Bleh. Just not my thing. Nothing wrong with sports at all, I just can’t seem to get into that sort of thing.
13. In a football party, which are you, the one that jumps while shouting if your team almost scored? Or the one who isn't that interested in the game, and prefers to eat the snacks while talking to friends?
Thankfully, I’ve never been to a football party. But I think now you can all guess which one I’d be. I should probably mention football is one of my least favorite sports. I can make no sense of that game for some reason. But, yeah, I’d totally be just talking to everyone and eating all the food. : D
14. Did you play Playdough as a child?
As a child? I still play with Playdough! That stuff is amazing! Hehehe. Okay, so sadly it has been quite a long time since I’ve played with any, but I still love it. When I was little I used to play with it alllll the time!
15. What are your favorite clothing stores to shop at?
Ross is a fabulous store. Cato is also great. And I’m pretty fond of Belk. But I’m not picky. If it has reasonable prices and nice clothes, I’m happy.
16. Are you a bookworm?
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! *chokes on evil laughter* Ahem. Why yes, yes I am. *cough*
17. Which do you spend more time on, a book, or the internet?
Sadly, I have to say the internet. I spend far too much time on the interwebz. Farrr too much time. . .
18. When did you decide to start blogging?
Back in March 2011. I thought it would be a lot of fun to have a blog, as well as keep me doing some writerly things, so I decided, “Why not?” And I’m so glad I did! I’ve made amazing friends here in blogland and it has vastly improved my writing. Not to mention it’s just fun!
19. On your honeymoon which would you rather go to, a rustic lodge in the mountains or a sunny beach house in Florida?
Lodge in the mountains!!! No doubt about it. I looooove the mountains, but I am SO not a beach person. Give me forests and mountains any day over the beach!
20. What are five of your favorite movies?
Oh my. Let’s see if I can do this. . .
1) The Lord of the Rings trilogy (yes, counting them as one. Shhh.)
2) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (not Desolation of Smaug though, meh.)
3) The Avengers
4) The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
5) The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (I would say The Hunger Games trilogy but, ya know, the Mockingjay movie doesn’t exist yet.)
Eek, that was hard. So many movies I wanted to put. I apparently have a lot of favorite movies.
That was a lot of fun! Thanks, Belle, for putting this together.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!