Monday, November 5, 2012

5th Day Updates

The 5th day of NaNoWriMo is drawing to its end.

I cannot believe the first week of NaNo is almost over!

What have I been doing for these first 5 days of NaNo you ask?

Let’s see here…

Oh yes! I’ve been doing everything in my power to keep my two main characters from killing each other. That’s right. It seems Eldoren and Riana, my NaNo novel’s main characters, have a great desire for the other to not exist. I’ve endured one fight after the other. I’ve spent hours upon hours listening to Eldoren complain…and complain…and complain. *sigh* I’ve pondered over why Riana seems to be utterly heartless. I’ve gone to bed each night amazed that the two are still alive. …Yep. It’s definitely NaNoWriMo season.

So, it’s obviously been going terribly for me, right?

NOPE.

I’m thoroughly enjoying myself! I mean, yes, my MCs this year are beyond infuriating, but they’re mine and I love them. I’ve never had MCs like this before and I’m actually enjoying the change and challenge. They make things…interesting, that’s for sure. And plus, there’s Eldoren’s dragon, Irevik. Irevik is lovely and hilarious and all around ridiculous and is quickly becoming my favorite of the many, many dragons in this series.

I’ve been extremely pleased with how smoothly this story has been going honestly. Thus far I have not hit any walls of writer’s block-ness of doom yet (yay outlining!) or got into many writer, I’d-rather-die-than-write-right-now ruts. In fact, it’s all been going so smoothly…

I HIT THE HALFWAY POINT TODAY!!!!!

Lauriloth NaNoWriMo Wordcounter

I am so excited! Now, it is nothing to my 35k words I had on the 5th day my first NaNo (I’m literally embarrassed at how crazy I went that first NaNo, dear me…), but last year for my second one I hit the halfway point on the 5th day as well. So…success? Each year I keep telling myself I’m not going to get so obsessive and just take it slow and easy. But…it seems there’s no doing it. I have a tendency to get very obsessive with things, and NaNo is definitely one of those things. *sigh*

Ah well, I’m still pretty excited about my wordcount, despite me pretty much throwing away my life to get there. I also am hoping to get this book done quick. I am very much enjoying it, but I have many writerly plans for 2013 and am aiming to get this one finished before then.

Sorry, Life, you’re just going to have to wait.

My first two days of NaNo ended up being fairly stressful, but all in all I’d say I’ve had a pretty great first week of NaNo thus far. I’m looking forward to the rest of the month.

I hope all of you NaNo’ers are having a good first week as well!

The best of luck to everyone!!

Favorite Writings of the Day: (This is something I did on my blog last year during NaNo and thought I’d continue the tradition.)

Irevik took wing, splashing in the stream and sending a rain of droplets all across his rider before bursting into the sky. He made it look like an accident, but Eldoren knew better. He spluttered out water and shook his arms, shaking his head at his dragon's nonsense.

Oh, Irevik, you silly dragon you.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on reaching the halfway point, Lauriloth! Can't wait to hear more about your story!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...