And I am back with PART TWO of my Know the Novel linkup! A 3-part linkup for us writers to share fun tidbits about our noveling ventures.
Part 1 was all about introducing our novels. Now we’re going to get to the deep stuff: WRITING THE NOVEL. Because, um, it’s NANOWRIMO, GUYS. We have survived the first week (or did we??? *Twilight Zone music*) and are now well into week two. Which means if you’re eyeballs aren’t burning out of their sockets, your brain doesn’t wonder what the real world even is anymore, and you haven’t just finished your 473rd cup of coffee for the month, then you’re probably doing something wrong.
…I think. (Someonehelpme.)
(Here’s the deets? Wow, I sound like I’m trying to be “hip” like all the youngsters these days.)
If you missed last month’s post announcing this linkup, here’s the deets!
Know the Novel is a 3-part linkup series, one for each of these last three months of the year. Each one will feature ten questions you can answer on your own blog (or anywhere else on social media if you’d like!). The questions will be focusing on different parts of the novel/your writing.
It goes as followed:
Part One: Introductory – These questions were centered on you telling us all about your novel and giving the fun, juicy details. We had over 30 participants! Like GUYS. What a fantastic turn out! And oh my goodness, you all blew. me. away. with the creativity. SO many epic sounding novels in the works! Do check out all the links because wow wow wow. All the awesome novel ideas!
Part Two: Within the WIP – This is more focused on how the writing is going, what problems and victories you’ve experienced, your writing process, etc. Basically all the fun behind the scenes writing things!
Part Three: Writing and Beyond – The last one will have questions asking how the full writing of the novel went and what your next plans for your novel will be!
The gist of it is, I throw ten novel/writing-related questions your way each month, and you can answer them on your own blog.
Though I am doing this during NaNo season since, ya know, a lot of us are doing NaNo. You DO NOT have to be doing NaNoWriMo to participate. You can answer these questions for any WIP you have. And you DID NOT have to participate in part 1 to do this one. It’s all just for fun! There are basically no rules. Plus I love seeing what all my writer frens are working on. So share away!
Easy peasy! Now for this month’s questions!
KNOW THE NOVEL PART TWO:
WITHIN THE WIP
I’d be honored for you to use the graphic above for your own posts, but it’s certainly not required!
1. How’s the writing going?
2. What’s been the most fun aspect about writing this novel so far?
3. Has your novel surprised you in any way?
4. What do you think of your characters at this point? Who’s your favorite to write about?
5. If you were transported into your novel and became any one of the characters, which one do you think you’d be? Would you take any different actions than they have?
6. Give us the first sentence or paragraph and then 2 (or 3!) more favorite snippets!
7. Have you come across any problem areas?
8. What’s been your biggest victory with writing this novel at this point?
9. Be honest, have you killed any characters off yet?
10. Take us on a tour of a what a normal writing day for this particular novel has looked like. Where do you write? What time of day? Alone or with others? Is a lot of coffee (or some other drink) consumed? Do you light candles? Play music? Get distracted by social media (*cough, cough*)? Tell all!
SHARE YOUR LINK
Now for the important bit, ADDING YOUR LINK! Do be sure to use the widget below to link to your post so others can check it out!
This one closes at midnight on November 30th (the end of NaNo *le gasp*). But part 3 will be coming your way on the second Monday of December. I’m excited!
TALK WITH ME!
Let’s talk writing!!! If you’re doing NaNo, how’s it going? Are you surviving? Having fun? Ready for a 12 year nap? Tell me everything! If you’re not doing NaNo, are you working on any writing projects anyway? Or being an actual sane person and taking a break for the holidays while cackling at us haggard Wrimos? (Okay, but really, you guys always encourage us crazies so much and I love you all. <333)