Monday, October 8, 2018

Know the Novel Part 1 - Introductory {A New Writing Linkup!}



Last week I promised I had something super fun for you all coming. Well, here it is. A writing linkup!!! And my first EVER linkup to create. I AM ALL THE EXCITED.


So a bunch of you probably remember during NaNoWriMo season Sky @ Further Up and Further In and Cait @ Paperfury always did a special novel edition of their Beautiful People linkup called Beautiful Books. It was a great linkup for introducing our novels and talking about our writing in celebration of NaNoWriMo. Buuut since they had to close their Beautiful People/Books linkups for now due to that thing called Life (something we can all relate to, I’m sure), I decided to create something very much in the same vein as Beautiful Books! I adored that linkup. It was always such a great way to share what I was writing for NaNoWriMo.


So…introducing…


KNOW THE NOVEL!



THE INFO


Like Beautiful Books, this will be a 3-part linkup series, one for each of these last three months of the year. Each one will feature ten questions you can answer on your own blog (or anywhere else on social media if you’d like!). The questions will be focusing on different parts of the novel/your writing.


It will go as followed:


October

  • Part One: Introductory – These questions will be centered on you telling us all about your novel and giving the fun, juicy details.


November

  • Part Two: Within the WIP – This is more focused on how the writing is going, what problems and victories you’ve experienced, your writing process, etc. Basically all the fun behind the scenes writing things!


December

  • Part Three: Writing and Beyond – The last one will have questions asking how the full writing of the novel went and what your next plans for your novel will be!


The gist of it is, for three months I’ll throw ten novel/writing-related questions your way, and you can answer them on your own blog. Sound fun? I hope so!


Though I am doing this during NaNo season since, ya know, a lot of us are doing NaNo. You DO NOT have to be doing NaNoWriMo to participate. You can answer these questions for any WIP you have. It’s all just for fun! Plus I love seeing what all my writer frens are working on. So share away!



Alrighty, now that we know what’s going on, let’s get to the questions!



KNOW THE NOVEL PART ONE:
INTRODUCTORY



I’d be honored for you to use the graphic above for your own posts, but it’s certainly not required!



 QUESTIONS


1. What first sparked the idea for this novel?

2. Share a blurb!

3. Where does the story take place? What are some of your favorite aspects about the setting?

4. Tell us about your protagonist.

5. Who (or what) is the antagonist?

6. What excites you the most about this novel?

7. Is this going to be a series? Standalone? Something else?

8. Are you plotting? Pantsing? Plansting?

9. Name a few things that makes this story unique.

10. Share a fun “extra” of the story (a song or full playlist, some aesthetics, a collage, a Pinterest board, a map you’ve made, a special theme you’re going to incorporate, ANYTHING you want to share!).

 

 SHARE YOUR LINK


Now for the important bit, ADDING YOUR LINK! Do be sure to use the widget below to link to your post so others can check it out!



Part one of the linkup closes at midnight on October 31st. I’ll be posting part two on the second Monday of November, so stay tuned!

 


TALK WITH ME!

What do you think, dear writers? I believe this is gonna be a ton of fun! (I’ll be answering these questions myself later this month. Hehehe.) Don’t forget to add your link above. I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s lovely WIPs!

48 comments:

  1. SWEET!!!!! I’m also doing Liv’s The Language of Worlds linkup this week, and I will just sneak this one in along with it! Great idea, and can’t wait to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfect! I hope to do the Language of Worlds one as well. I love your idea of morphing them together. That's gonna be fun! Glad you're excited about it. ^_^

      Delete
    2. *casually scrolls through comments so she can add her own*

      *sees this*

      *happy cries*

      <333

      Delete
    3. I love the Language of Worlds linkup so much, Liv! <333

      Delete
  2. Interesting...I'm doing something similar with my Shared WIP Tag for Oct/Nov. But I'm interesting in trying this out. How exactly does it work? Do I create my post, publish it, and then add it to linkup? Or what...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! It seems like a lot of these things are cropping up in the blogosphere and I love it. We're all excited about our NaNo novels. Hehe. It's the best!

      You know, I guess I didn't actually give all that much info on HOW it works, did I? Oooops. But yes, that's exactly it. You just take the questions, answer them on your own blog, and share the direct link of that blog post in the little button up there. And that's that. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Cool! So I can post whenever I want, just during this month?

      Delete
    3. Absolutely! ANY day for this whole month!

      Delete
  3. Ooh--this is so cool! Amazing idea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful title for this link-up! And this link-up looks like SO much fun, and also a good way to get you thinking, get in the mindset for NaNo prep and writing! The perfect mix of fun and seriousness, I guess. :-)

    (I'm still deciding whether to give NaNo another shot, as a way of boosting my writing progress. I'm still in the middle of several projects, though, and weighing whether or not I can balance everything!)

    These are great questions, and I am definitely going to join this link-up! Thanks for creating this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! That makes me so happy you think so, because the title was giving me FITS. It took me ages to come up with something! I'm so glad you think it works. And that you like the idea of all of it! :D

      (Obviously I'd be ECSTATIC if you did NaNo! But, I 100% understand if you decide not to. Your health is the most important thing! And I, too, have so many writing things going. I probably SHOULDN'T do NaNo buuut I'm obsessed. XD)

      EEP. YAY!!! Can't wait to see your post! :D

      Delete
  5. CHRISTIIIIINE THIS LOOKS SO AMAZING <333 & OH MY WORD I'M SO EXCITED I 100% MUST DO THISSS <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *HAPPY FLAILING* THANK YOU, LIV!!! And I'm definitely planning on doing this month's Language of Worlds linkup myself! All the linkups! It makes me happy. ^_^

      Delete
  6. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS HERE COMES A NEW BLOG POST ASDFGHJKL *FLAILS EXCITEDLY*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEE!!! I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE EXCITED FOR IT. :D :D :D

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I'm excited for this!! I was planning on posting about my NaNo novel anyway, so this is the perfect excuse. ;) And of course I can't wait to read about everybody else's amazing stories too!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I'm so glad you're excited about it! And I'm with you, it's so thrilling seeing everyone's amazing story ideas. :D

      Delete
  8. ahhhHHHH sometimes I wish I was a writer and normally this ^^ is why. xP Oh well- my talents lie in other areas, I guess. xD

    Lilian | co-founder of Stellae Books - stellaebooks.wordpress.com
    Main blog | greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I feel bad, because I know some of my readers AREN'T writers, and yet over half of my posts are writing related. But I so appreciate all your readers sticking with me and all my writing babble. And the work readers do for writers means so, SO much. <333

      Delete
  9. CHRISTINE HAS A TAG!! I must do this as soon as I get time! (And I can't wait to see your answers to these questions as well!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *HAPPY SQUEALS* I'm so glad you want to participate! Can't wait! :D Thanks so much, girl! <3

      Delete
  10. Ooooh, this looks SO fun! I was just thinking the other day about how I was going to miss the NaNo linkups—now I can't wait to do this one! (And I'm super excited to hear what you're working on for NaNo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad this will be a help to you. I felt the same way. I relied so much on Beautiful Books, I just HAD to make something to fill that void. I cannot waaait to hear all about your story! :D Thanks, Jameson!

      Delete
  11. Oooooh!!!! EXCITING!!! I love these things (because: ahem... lazy blogger here, and I love it when I don't have to come up with post ideas) LOL

    Love this idea! Definitely going to find a place in October to squeeze it in!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, girl, same. Linkups are my fave. XD And I'm so thrilled you're excited about this one!

      I cannot wait to hear all about your novel! *dances*

      Delete
  12. I LOVE this. May just have to get over myself and participate, if I may. (I literally never share my stories with anyone who isn't my sister, so blogging about one is waaaay outside my comfort zone. Maybe that's a good thing, though...)

    But, anyway, I CANNOT wait to read all about your novel for this link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks!
      Lol! That is totally okay. Sometimes I fear I share TOO much about my novels. I don't blame you a bit wanting to keep them secret for now. There is nothing wrong with that. ^_^

      But thank you so much! You're so sweet. <3

      Delete
  13. This is amazing, Christine! Can't wait to write up my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skye! EEP. I'm so excited to see your post! :D

      Delete
  14. Oh my word!!!! A new link up!!!! I have been NEEDING one of these for like....forever. I really really miss Beautiful Books, but THIS LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!! ACK!! I am so participating in this for my post next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *HAPPY SQUEALS* It makes me so excited that YOU'RE excited!!! I was hoping it would help. I know a lot of us are missing Beautiful Books, I know I am!

      I can't wait to see your post! :D

      Delete
  15. Thank you, Christine! You've inspired me. I've been thinking about starting a blog for the last year and haven't done it. That is until now! Now that I've made my first post, my second post can be about this linkup! I'm so excited to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You started a blog? AAAHHHHH!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING. Congrats! :D I am so excited for you! And I cannot WAIT to see your post and hear all about your novel. EEP. This is awesome!

      Delete
  16. *squeals* This is glorious! Thanks for filling this void, Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP. So happy you're excited about it!!! Thank YOU for joining in. I'm off to read your post now! :D

      Delete
  17. AGH I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH CHRISTINE. My post is going live today! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEE!!! I'M SO GLAD. And YAY. I'm off to read your post right now!

      Delete
  18. Eeep, squeaked in my post in the last week! I love the idea of this linkup and am so glad that you're hosting it, Christine!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    P.S. Just now sending you an email about the Hangouts Group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE FINE. It's my own linkup and I STILL haven't done it. XDD BUT I'M SO EXCITED YOU PARTICIPATED. I'm off to go read your post! :D

      AND YAY!!! I'll add you to the chat in just a bit here. I'M SO EXCITED YOU'RE JOINING THE GROUP!

      Delete
  19. I finally got in!!! I admittedly scheduled this post for the last day of October. Wow. I'm amazing. But I DID IT!! Lots of fun - thanks for doing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAY!!!! And pssshhh. I only JUST did it Monday. You are perfectly fine. I'm just excited you did it! :D Thank YOU for joining in!

      Delete
  20. I'm late, but hey. Life. ;) Unofficially sharing my link here. Thanks for a fun exercise, Christine!

    https://liannetaimenlore.blogspot.com/2018/11/its-that-time-of-year-again.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are fiiine! I'M SO EXCITED YOU JOINED! I just read and commented on your fabulous post! Super thrilled about your NaNo project!!! :D

      Delete
  21. And laaaaate, but voila! https://thesplendorfalls.blogspot.com/2018/11/know-your-novel-part-1-rowan-cipher.html
    Great tag, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come now, Lody, you're obviously a wizard and wizards are never late. (But seriously, I'm so glad you joined in! Loved hearing more about your spectacular story!)

      Delete
  22. Hello, Christine! I found your lovely tag via Miss Melody's blog post. Here's a link to my answers if you care to take a look:
    https://wildroseleblonde.blogspot.com/2018/11/know-novel-princess-starflower.html

    God bless, and Happy Writing,
    ~R.R. Goodwill~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEP! I'm so excited you joined in. And your story sounds AH-MAY-ZIIIING!!!

      Thanks so much for taking part in the tag! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...