And I am back with yet more awards! In last week's post I explained how I’m a bad blogger and take ridiculous lengths of times to get to awards and tags, if I ever do at all. But I love these things and must start doing better! So I’m trying to catch up on them.
Back in May (yes, May) one of my favoritest peoples Deborah @ The Road of a Writer awarded me with the Liebster award. Thank you so much, Celti dear! <3
1. Thank and link back the person who nominated you
2. List eleven facts about yourself
3. Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blogger who nominated you)
5. Ask them eleven questions
6. Let them know of their nomination!
Or something like that. The rules seem to alter from blog to blog, but rules are meant to be broken anyway. Right? I do believe so.
1. I like breaking rules.
2. But I also tend to be a stickler for following rules.
3. I’m an extremely contradictory person. It hurts my brain.
4. Italian food is kind of the best.
5. I’m the only one in my family that can’t stand Asian food. I wish I did.
6. One time I brushed my hair in the dark and saw the static actually light up. It was awesome.
7. I’m easily amused.
8. L is my favorite letter. I don’t really know why, I just think it’s pretty.
9. When I was little I was obsessed with cats but now I’m way more a dog person. (But cats are still wonderful creations. <3)
10. I’m excellent at hula hooping. Or I used to be quite good at it. I haven’t actually done it in years.
11. I actually wrote this post days ago because I’m out of town staying with my bestie for a week or two and having a blast.
1. Do you name your electronics?
Hahahaha! I name everything. I’m rather obsessed with names. It’s a weird thing, I know. But yes, I definitely name my electronics! My laptop’s name is Larry. My smartphone is Lola (and my old phone was Lemmy). I have a little pink digital camera dubbed Lulu. My electronic piano keyboard is Lucille. And Lillia is my car. (Seeing a pattern here?)
2. What color is your hair?
Le blonde. *points at picture on the sidebar* It used to be super light when I was little. I miss that.
3. Do you prefer libraries or bookstores?
o___O Eeeeek. Wow. That’s such a hard thing to say! See, I like OWNING books. I’m a major rereader and I love collecting books, so it’s so hard for me to give books back to the library. But, on the other hand, I’m broke. All the time. So when I go in a bookstore it hurts to see all the pretty, wonderful books sitting there and knowing I can’t afford them. While in the library I can just take whatever I want. . .but then I have to give them back. AGH. I DON’T KNOW. Both are so wonderful! I could basically live in the library or a bookstore. Those are my happy places. How about secondhand bookstores? Yes! Those are the best. Because most of them have books under like $5 so it’s almost like the library but I get to actually keep the books forever. Win-win! (Although I still spend ridiculous amounts of money even when each book is only a dollar or two. . .)
4. At this moment, if you could magically have any kind of food (or drink) what would you wish for?
Cheesecake! I seriously want some cheesecake right now. With slices of fresh strawberry on top. Mmmm. That sounds magical.
5. If you had to pick between never drinking tea or coffee again, which would you choose?
Coffee, definitely. I’m not big on coffee but tea is quite nice. Used to I couldn’t stand coffee but I’m starting to get a taste for it. I’m quite proud of myself. But still, I’d be fine with giving it up if I had to.
6. Who is your latest favorite character that you’ve “met” and why?
I have so many favorites! But my latest favorite? ANGEL. From Mirriam Neal's current WIP Dark is the Night. Just. . .wow. You guys don’t know how wonderful this character is. And horrible, but we won’t hold it against him. Why? Because he’s ANGEL. Does there need to be a reason? He’s snarky and tragic and seems totally selfish and awful but you know deep down there’s good in him and just yes. He’s my favorite kind of character. <3 (Just don’t tell him that.)
7. Do you own multiple unused journals/notebooks and if so how many?
Yes I do! Pretty journals are my weakness and it’s quite hard to pass them up. I think right now I only have 3 entirely empty ones.
8. In your writing, are you a plotter or a pantser?
Pantser, most definitely! I do thorough plotting for my NaNoWriMo novels but otherwise I’m a natural pantser. I work better letting the stories tell themselves instead of following an outline.
9. What’s your favorite genre?
FAAAANTASY!!!!!!!!! (I think I answered this question last week as well. XD)
10. Favorite theme song from TV or movie?
Whoa. That’s. . .whoa. This is going to take some thought. There’s so many good ones out there. Maybe, possibly, perhaps the Doctor Who theme song. Specifically the season 4 version. I mean, who doesn’t get excited when that first dun dun dun starts?
Only whovians. . .
11. Happy endings? Tragic? Bittersweet?
HAPPY ENDING PLEASE. If I’m going to spend hours of my life with a story I want to feel satisfied and joyful by the end of it. I know stories supposed to be realistic and all that and reality isn’t always a happy thing, but don’t we read to escape reality for a time? To get to a world where there really are heroes and endings can turn out happy?
I’m a firm believer in happy endings. I’ll put up with bittersweet if it has to be that way. Some stories can’t always be “happily ever after”. But tragic? No. Just no.
Absolutely loved these questions, Celti! Thank you again!!! <3
And another one of my favoritest people Sarah @ Sarah Plain and Average awarded me with the Sunshine Award! This was in July so not too terribly awfully late, yeah? Yeah?? You’re a precious human being, Sarah. Thank you!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few other bloggers.
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
5. Notify the bloggers on their blog.
6. Put the award button on your blog.
1. What color are your eyes? What would your dream color be (if any)?
My eyes are, in fact, green. And, actually, I don’t think I’d have it any other way. Green things remind me of elves, so. *grins* But I do wish they were a bit more of a vibrant green. They’re kind of dark with brownish flecks, which is fine, but it would be cool if they were a super bright green. But if I could have ANY color. . . Violet! Can you imagine having violet eyes? That would be awesome. Fun fact, the main character of my first really big fantasy novel had violet eyes which was a key plot point. Someday I’m going to rewrite that thing. . .
2. How tall are you?
5’5”. Yeah, not super tall.
3. If you could be ONE fictional character, who would it be and why? (this applies to books and films)
THIS QUESTION IS NOT EASY. Any fictional character at all? MY. o.o Maaaybe Sophie from Howl’s Moving Castle (the book specifically, but the movie is good too). She gets to go through all sorts of insane adventures and has HOWL, so. *cough, cough* Plus, I love her snark and no-nonsense personality. It would also be fun to be Lucy Pevensie though. Then there’s Rapunzel from Tangled! Her world seems pretty pleasant and she’s so happy-go-lucky, plus her parents are so nice. And then of course there’s Flynn. . . *griiiins* AGH. I DON’T KNOOOW. I think I’ll stick with Sophie, but it’s really, really hard to choose! D:
4. Would you prefer a walk in the sunshine? or a stroll by the light of the moon?
It depends on the temperature outside. If it’s a cool fall or winter day then definitely in the sunshine. I love the sunshine! But definitely NOT when it’s hot and the sunshine turns into a menace trying to melt my skin off. But a summer stroll in the moonlight would be pleasant.
5. What would your dream profession be? (For example, if my life had taken a different path, I would have wished to become a professional ballerina.) :]
Full time writer is definitely my dream profession! And I’m trying. . . I’ve always had a heart for troubled teenage girls as well though. I would love to become a counselor, or, I don’t know, something to help girls in need. It’s just a passion I’ve always had.
6. What is at the top of your To-Be-Read pile, or skyscraper?
Definitely a skyscraper right now! o.O But I’m not complaining! Usually I always know what I want to read next but right now I’m not even sure. I have so many good books waiting on me. Possibly The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, the sequel to The Mysterious Benedict Society. (Which I read just recently and whoa, that book was awesome!) But I have a bunch of books on my tablet waiting for me that I keep putting off because I so rather read physical books than ebooks. But I have so many on there I’m dying to read. Like Merlin’s Blade by Robert Treskillard and A Cast of Stones by Patrick W. Carr or Purple Moon by Tessa Emily Hall. So many things to read!
7. If you had a "pet" dragon, what color would he/she be? and what would his/her name be? Feel free to be creative.
Now we’re talking! One day I’m going to have one. *nods seriously* I would totally want a pink one. *continues to nod seriously* As for a name. . . Well, if it was pink it should probably be a girl and need a majestic name. Like Pinkie Pie or something. Juuuust kidding! Maybe something like Sirith, which means flowing in Tolkien’s elven language. Something elvish and pretty like that.
I do sort of have a dragon. I tiny green dragon named Moseley who is my muse. And a mischievous one at that. >.>
8. If you were to discover that you were the long-lost princess of a distant realm, what would be your first reaction?
LET’S EAT CAKE.
Okay, probably my first reaction would be, “WHOA. WHAT. THAT’S SO COOL.” And then about ten seconds later my thoughts would revert to, “Wait. . .what? I can’t make decisions and lead people!”
9. What is your favorite book of the Bible? Favorite verse?
I absolutely adore Psalms. It’s so poetic and comforting. Whenever I’m struggling I can always go to psalms. But there are just so many good ones! Matthew is another favorite. It was the first one for me to read and so holds a very special place in my heart. And I love, love, love 1 and 2 Peter. Lots of good stuff there!
I really don’t have a favorite verse, there are just too many! But Psalm 18:2 is up there.
10. Do you have a dream car? If so, what is it?
Indeed I do! I’ve always dreamed of having a Volkswagen beetle. They’re so adorable. I can never decide which color I like best. My taste changes constantly. Right now it’s the green ones.
These questions were seriously way too much fun to answer. Thank you sooo much, Sarah! I had a blast with them. ^_^
And I’m going to cheat like I did last week and instead of passing these tags along officially, nominate anyone and everyone to snag these epic questions! I think I’ve nominated about everyone I follow multiple times, especially with the Liebster award, and since these awards are pretty old I’ll just do a free-for-all! So take them. Answer them on your blog. I’d be thrilled!
But if you don’t wish to then answer them here in the comments! Or just your favorites. Who is YOUR favorite latest character? What theme song makes your heart skip in excitement? Which fictional character would you love to be? And what are some good dragon names? I want to know these things, so share below!
Now that I’ve caught up on awards, hopefully I’ll start doing better and actually do them in a reasonable amount of time and stop breaking the rules. “Hopefully” being the keyword here. *winks*
Have a fabulicious week, lovelies! <3