I fail at blogging quite often. It’s true. For example, if some sweet blogger passes an award my way, it may take me months to get to it, if I ever do. Which is silly, because I adore tags and am always so thrilled and honored to have one given to me.
Being as how I’ve spent the majority of the year so far writing, I’ve been setting aside all the wonderful awards passed my way for a time. And now, finally, I’m getting to some! There are four (yes four, I told you I’m horrible) so I’ll post two today and the other two next Monday (hopefully). And I do hope I haven’t forgotten any because that happens a lot too. My brain is hardly ever fully functional. But I’m a writer, so we’ll blame it on that, yes?
Firstly Kiri Liz @ Lianne Taimenlore awarded me with the Beautiful Blog Award all the way back in April! And yes, I’m only just now getting to it. I told you I fail at blogging.
Thank you so much, Kiri! I’m so happy I’m finally able to do this. I was extremely excited when you passed it my way. ^_^
1. Favorite superhero (any will do)?
That’s a tough question for me. My first answer usually is Iron Man. I seem to like the snarky ones, I don’t know why. But then there’s Captain America. He’s so nice and, well, heroic (ha ha) and just an all around great guy. But THEN you have Hawkeye who uses a bow and arrows. A BOW, PEOPLE. Bow and arrows is my weakness. If someone in fiction does archery, I instantly like them. It’s just how it works. And have you seen Hawkeye’s bow? So, yeah, I don’t know. I think it depends on what mood I’m in on who’s my favorite.
2. What color socks are you wearing right now?
Clear? Eheheh. I’m not currently wearing any socks. Sorry to disappoint, but it’s rather stuffy in my room and I have no desire to wear socks at the moment.
3. If I were to visit you for the afternoon, what would you plan on doing?
Kiri? Visiting ME?? IF ONLY. I’d probably take you down to the large pond just beyond our house and show you all the fun places there. I think you’d appreciate it. Then again, it’s awfully hot right now. How about we watch some LotR until the evening when it’s a bit cooler and then go to the pond? Or we could just sit around talking and squealing about being together and discuss everything under the sun. That’s my favorite thing to do with friends. Just talk. ^_^ And by talk I mean laugh hysterically at totally random and ridiculous things.
4. Best pizza topping?
PEPPERONI. It’s pepperoni. What else do you need? Except cheese. Cheese is good.
5. Can you introduce us to your family in less than three sentences?
*blinks* You do like the hard ones, don’t you, Kiri? Okay, let me see what I can do. . . *deep breath*
A crazy bunch of five (including me) whose favorite activity is eating, is probably the most scattered family out there, but loves the Lord and works together to try to survive this insane thing called life. There’s also lots of donuts involved.
6. If you could be proficient (as Lady Catherine says) in any instrument, what would it be?
My favorite instrument is the piano, which I do play, but I don’t think I’d say proficiently. I’d love to be much more skilled than I am. So I’d definitely go with that. Although the violin is awfully tempting.
7. Five favorite Disney songs off the top your head. Go!
>.> <.< >.> <.< REALLY? Okay. . . I’ve Got a Dream from Tangled, Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty, Everybody Wants To Be Cat from The Aristocats, Winnie the Pooh (the theme song) from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid. I know for a fact those aren’t my total favorites, probably not even my top favorites. But you said off the top of my head so there we go. But gracious there are just so many good Disney songs!
It’s sad how accurate that is. And I am in fact 22. XD (Also I See the Light would be another fave.)
8. Your opinion of maple syrup, please?
9. What's your favorite soup?
Mmm. . . I’m not much of a soup person. But Olive Garden’s Toscana soup is kind of to die for. I enjoy pretty much any potato soup. Mainly because POTATO. I love the potato in all its forms. <3
10. Which fictional hero/heroine would you want as a sibling?
My! As a sibling? I can only choose one? Can I just become one of the Pevensies instead? Okay, okay. For serious. . .um. . . *peruses bookshelves* Walter from Bryan Davis’s Dragons in Our Midst/Oracles of Fire series would be a delightful guy to have as a brother!
11. Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland?
Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland?
PETER PAN OR ALICE IN WONDERLAND?!?!?!
Um. . .WHAT. WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!
You just broke me, Kiri. Totally and completely broke me.
DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE BOTH OF THOSE THINGS? THEY’RE BASICALLY MY LIFE. To choose between them. . .? No, I can’t. There’s no way. I love them both too much, and they each have a special place in my heart. I’m sorry but this question is impossible.
Okay, those questions were way too fun! Even though some of them broke me. *pointed look* Thanks again for the award, Kiri!
Next Candice @ O Ye Scribes nominated me for the Liebster Award. Back in May. . . Shameful. Thank you so much, Candice! You’re too sweet!
1. Thank and link back the person who nominated you
2. List eleven facts about yourself
3. Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blogger who nominated you)
5. Ask them eleven questions
6. Let them know of their nomination!
1. Pizza and I are soul mates.
2. I’m ashamed at how few books I’ve read so far this year.
3. I’ve been writing way more than reading, which I think is a first for me.
4. Cheese is awesome, just sayin’.
5. I think pan flutes are fabulous creations.
6. I’ve spent way too much time on pinterest the last couple of days (and, ya know, since I joined over a year ago).
7. I’ve been craving hotdogs lately, which is sad being as how I’m allergic.
8. I’ve been watching the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic marathon on The Hub Network some today. (Yes, I love that show. No, I’m not ashamed.)
9. Pinkie Pie is the best pony. Hands down.
10. I’m still a little kid at heart (if you can’t tell).
11. I think mushroom are cute but not to eat. Bleh!
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Definitely meeting all the other lovely bloggers out there. I’ve made such wonderful friends through blogging.
2. What do you find most challenging about it?
I post weekly, usually on Mondays, and I get a bit stressed coming up with a post every single week. I don’t know how some of you awesome bloggers do more than once-a-week posts. I bow to your superiority. You’re truly amazing.
3. Suppose the authors of the classics were blogging today, whose blog(s) would you follow?
Oooh, interesting thought! DEFINITELY J.R.R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis! I’d be joining their blogs so fast I’d get whiplash. I’d love to follow a blog of Maud Hart Lovelace, the woman who wrote the Betsy-Tacy series, which is basically my childhood. I also seem to have a lot of similarities with that author. And oooh! What about Lewis Carroll and J. M. Barrie? Louisa May Alcott would be fun. And Jane Austen, too. Although I’m not a huge reader of hers. In fact, I don’t read classics much at all. Terrible, I know. They kind of bore me. . . With a few exceptions obviously.
4. What is your favorite genre of book?
FANTASY!!! Need I say more?
5. Name a book you have read over three times.
Hahaha! I reread so much there’s plenty. It’s sad really. How about The Hobbit? I’ve read that one about 10 times I think. I lost count somewhere around 7 or 8. . .
6. If you could change the ending of any book, which one would it be?
Goodness. Tough question. o.O Most books I’ve read I’m quite satisfied with the endings. I’m looking at my books and realizing I like the endings to basically all of them! Well, I think we all would have rather Laurie and Amy not gotten together in Little Women. Does that count?
7. Random, music-related question: what do you think about bagpipes?
Epicness all around! I mean, come on. Bagpipes are awesome!
8. Do you have a pet? If not, what animal would be your ideal pet?
Ooooh yes! I have a grey poodle named Navi who has full rule over me. I’m basically just here to serve her. Ehehe. No really, I love her to death, and I don’t know what I’d do without her. But if not for Navi an ideal pet would be a dragon. *nods* Then again, she has her days. . .
9. What is your favorite season?
This question always throws me. I LOVE spring. Seeing everything come back to life, fresh and new. It’s beautiful. And the weather is so nice. But I also adore cold weather, so fall and winter are both wonderful. Summer. . .well, I can’t stand the heat but summer has its own charm that can’t be overlooked. So I guess I’m basically happy whatever season it is.
10. Do you prefer an E-book or a traditional book?
Oh goodness, traditional book without a doubt!! I read ebooks sometimes, but pretty much only because I was able to get one for free. But I prefer reading a solid, smelling good, real book a thousand times more.
11. What is one piece of advice you would give to beginning bloggers?
Ready for some cheese? Here we go.
Just be yourself.
Yep. I’ve learned to not try to be fancy and over the top. Just be the real, beautiful YOU God created you to be, throw your personality onto those posts, and people will admire you for it.
Lots of great questions there, Candice. Thank you so much!!!
And since these are really old I’m going to cheat and skip passing them on to specific blogger. Instead I’m going to nominate everyone. Yes, YOU, there, reading this. Consider yourself nominated! But really, these are some amazing questions, so if you want to answer any or all of them please feel free to take them and answer them on your own blog. Be sure to let me know if you do so I can read your answers!
If you don’t want to go to all that trouble how about answering some (or all) here in the comments? Sometimes I read these things and think, “Wow, those are really fun questions. I wish I could answer them.” So if you’re doing that, answer them! Seriously, these were fun. Which fictional hero/heroine would YOU want as a sibling? Do YOU have a preference over Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland? Which classic author’s blog would YOU follow? I want to know these things. So TELL ME.
And do have a blessed week. <3