Monday, July 16, 2018

Brief Hiatus Notice + Some Thoughts



I know what you’re thinking. “Didn’t she just return from a hiatus???” Erm. Yes. Yes I did. I had no intentions of going on another one, buuuuut prep for Realm Makers (the writing conference I’m going to, if you’re not sure what I’m talking about) has sucked up all my time. Like all of it. Even time I don’t have. Which means I’ve had to make time and, unfortunately, that means not making blog posts. Because I’m pathetic and it takes me almost an entire day to write most of my posts. (No joke…) And since I still haven’t found a machine to stop and/or slow down time (believe me, I’ve searched everywhere. Ebay doesn’t even have such a device. So disappointed.), I’m gonna have to let my blog rest for a smidge.


BUT DON’T WORRY.


This is just a quicky hiatus. No month-long one like my last one. I should return by the end of this month or beginning of the next. Hopefully with a post alllll about my time at Realm Makers! Which I’m leaving for DAY AFTER TOMORROW. *hyperventilates*


And on that note, I wanted to get real with you guys for a sec.


I know I’ve talked about Realm Makers a lot. Like…a lot. Like, it’s been pretty much my one and only topic all year. And I feel bad about that, because I know a lot of you aren’t able to attend this year. It’s hard seeing all your favorite social media outlets explode with excitement over something you’re not able to participate in. I absolutely get that. I was ecstatic for so many of my friends that attended last year, but I couldn’t seem to stifle that twinge of jealousy from cropping up every now and again. It’s hard.


But I want to tell you: NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM. Ever ever ever ever.


Just because you’re unable to go to a writer’s conference this year, doesn’t mean you’ll never attend one. I don’t get to travel much due to health and many other factors. And I have a low wages, part-time job. I honestly thought finding a way to go to a writer’s conference ever was pretty much out of the question for me. I couldn’t even begin to manage how I’d swing it.


When I first heard about Realm Makers a few years ago, my desire to go to a writer’s conference exploded tenfold. RM sounded like the perfect conference for me. A laidback, fun, Christian speculative fiction writer’s conference??? I NEEDED IT. But, again, I had no idea how it’d ever happen.


But I began to feel this nudging, that maybe…maybe it could. Why not? Just because I don’t make much money doesn’t mean I couldn’t start tucking away some here and there. And the fun thing about Realm Makers is it’s in a different town every year. So maybe one year it’d be in a place feasible to drive to. And the more I thought about it, and worked toward it, the more I realized I could make this dream a reality.


So if your dream is to go to a writer’s conference one day, DON’T GIVE UP. Don’t have in your head that it can never happen. That’s the quickest way to bring those dreams to a screeching halt. I understand when life circumstances stop us from things. Boy do I ever! But we have a big God Who cares deeply for your passions and dreams. He put them there, after all! He’s got amazing plans for you. And not only that, He has perfect timing. Just because this isn’t your year, doesn’t mean it won’t ever happen. Maybe God has an agent or publisher or just someone you need that will attend one year and make it happen for you then. God is awesome that way.


I just want to let you all know I care about you so deeply, and I have no desire to ever, ever, ever hurt you or flaunt the fact that I’m going to Realm Makers. NEVER. I want this blog to be an encouragement and help for you all, and to remind you to forever chase your dreams. But most importantly, pursue God. Because He is the dream-provider.


He’s got amazing, amazing plans for each and every one of you. And if he’s put a dream within you, you chase that thing with every breath in your lungs and energy in your being. It’s going to be beautiful.


Love you all! I’ll see you in a couple of weeks! <3

 

TALK WITH ME!

Let’s spread some encouragement! Share one of your biggest dreams and then maybe encourage another commenter on theirs. I’d love to hear all the amazing things you each want to pursue! Also, if you are attending Realm Makers, make sure to let me know. I’ve started compiling a list of everyone I know who is attending because I hope to meet each and every one of you. I don’t want to miss anyone!

38 comments:

  1. Thanks for your encouragement! I agree, it's a bit tough to see everyone excited about going when I have to wait, but I know that it means I'll just enjoy it all the more when I'm finally able to go! The Lord knows the desires of my heart and I believe that he'll allow me to go when it's the right time.

    So go have tons of fun! And make sure you take lots of pictures of moments (not just things!) and I can't wait to read your post about ('cause I know it's coming)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! *HUGS* Your attitude is so beautiful. Your're right, the day you get to go will be extra special. Just keep holding on to that wonderful faith of yours. God's going to get you there. ^_^

      Thanks, Sarah! I will DEFINITELY be taking pics galore and sharing a big ol' post about it when I get home! :D

      Delete
  2. I was gonna go...and then Sarah said she wasn't going to be able to go, so that made me hesitate on my plans, and then stuff got crazy and it turned out I wasn't going to be able to go, either.

    BUT MAYBE NEXT YEAR

    Turns our work is crazy this month anyway, so it's probably a good thing I didn't plan to go...

    HAVE FUN!!!! GIVE EVERYONE HUGS AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yeah. Life is insane like that. But YES. Maybe next year will be the perfect year for you, since this year got busy. One year for sure!

      THANKS SO MUCH! Will do! :D

      Delete
  3. Awww Christine, I needed this SO MUCH today. Thank you so much for posting this...and I hope you have the best time at RM, and can’t wait to hear all about it!!! Here’s hoping I’ll be able to go next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *huuuugs* One year I absolutely intend to see you there. Or just meet you someday SOMEHOW because that is the DREAM!

      Thanks so much, Faith. I'll definitely be telling you guys all about it when I get home! ^_^

      Delete
  4. I am hoping I can go next year!
    Hope you have a wonderful time, Christine!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP. That would be amaziiiiing!!! I do so hope that works out!

      Thank you, Skye! <333

      Delete
  5. Hope you have an AMAZING time at Realm Makers and I want to hear about EVERYTHING!!! Maybe I’ll be able to go next year (although this year would have been perfect because it is in St. Louis which is super close to me.....Oh well. Maybe next year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I will definitely give you guys a full report with pictures after the event. Can't wait!

      Awww! I hate this year didn't work out for you. But you never know what God's got planned for the years to come. <3

      Delete
  6. Honestly, I needed to read this today--because I've been discouraged about the way my health problems force me to lower and lower and lower my goals until I barely get anything accomplished...and I end up losing sight of the big picture. So thank you for writing such encouraging words and reminding us all of the God who cares about our dreams and who works things out in His time! Your whole blog is such an encouragement! And have a wonderful time at Realm Makers! Praying for your trip, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I absolutely sympathize with you. I'm super worried that I won't be able to hold up well with this trip, since I won't be sleeping much or anything. And yeah, trying to be constantly productive with health issues is so, so hard. But I LOVE what you said. It's all about that big picture, and if we have to take slow, baby steps to get there, that's okay. It's all in God's timing.

      YOU encourage ME, girl! Thanks so much for everything. Your prayers mean the world to me. <3

      Delete
  7. Have such a fun time at Realm Makers!! I have so many friends who are going, and I KNOW all of you will have an AMAZING time! Definitely waiting for the recap post when you come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, SWEET HANNE! Your comment put a smile on my face. And don't you worry. A ginormous recap post will be coming your way in a couple of weeks! Can't wait to tell you guys all about it! :D

      Delete
  8. I'm sooo excited that you get to go to Realm Makers!! Enjoy every bit of it, and TELL US ALL THE JUICY THINGS WHEN YOU GET BACK!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kiri! I will definitely give you a full report when I get back! :D

      Delete
  9. Don't feel bad over being so excited about Realm Makers. It was because of seeing all the other bloggers rave about it that I decided to do something I normally wouldn't do. It's still a little scary to think about the money I've spent and the fact that I'm travelling alone. But I know it will all be worth it, and posts like this are such an encouragement! I'll be leaving a day after you, and I look forward to seeing you at Realm Makers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Blue! And you make a good point! I first heard about Realm Makers via bloggers as well. It sounded so amazing, I knew I just HAD to go sometime. It IS scary, yes. And has taken so much money. o.o But I honestly think it's going to be all worth it.

      CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU!!! Just a few more days now! :D

      Delete
  10. Realm Makers sounds super fun! Have an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't even pretend to think I'm not jealous. I'd absolutely LOVE to go to Realm Makers--but thank you, thank you for this post. It was pretty awesome. And its so, so easy to feel discouraged and bitter, but you're right, God gave us these passions for a reason, not to torment us. :D
    Honestly, my biggest dream is going to a Writers Conference, signing with an agent and getting a publisher and getting published. :) If its God's will, it'll happen...one day :D
    I hope you have a brilliant, brilliant time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love for you to go toooo! But one day you will, I'm sure you will! God's got something extra special in mind. I love your dream. Keep holding on to it. <3

      I love, love, LOVE what you said. "God gave us these passions for a reason, not to torment us." That is SUCH a beautiful perspective. I needed that reminder myself! Thank you for sharing!

      Thanks so much, Chelsea! You're the sweetest. <333

      Delete
  12. *HUGS POST* So much love for this! And I'm in the same boat of not being sure if I could do it but here I am, about to! God's plans are amazing. :) Beautiful post! *is so behind on reading your blog aaahh sorry!*

    Lord willing, SEE YOU AT REALM MAKERS TOMORROW EEP. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is absolutely amazing. And I think it's so, so perfect where He made our first time going the same year, so we can experience it all together. It's gonna be the BEST!

      Technically I won't get there until day after tomorrow (Thursday), BUT STILL. SEE YOU SOOOOON!!!! <3333

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. EEEEEEEE!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU EITHER! DAY AFTER TOMORROW! :D :D :D

      Delete
  14. This post honestly made me so happy. Not only am I SUPER excited that you are going to Realm Makers (ASDFGHJKL PLEASE GIVE US A GIANT POST FULL OF ALL OF THE THINGS!!!!) but I also COMPLETELY relate to this. Ever since I found out about RM (granted, it was only earlier this year, but STILL XD), I knew that I wanted to go, but it was too soon and too far away and just not possible at all. I've since tried to look for conferences closer to home, but. . .they're just not the same. Realm Makers is like the PERFECT conference. Everything about it screams me and my writing style. And though it IS extremely hard to see practically all of the blogosphere going to this year's conference, I know that someday I'll be able to go. And if I don't, then that's okay, too. Because you are totally right. God has perfect timing, and whatever plan He has for me is like five billion times better than what I could wish for myself. XD

    But also, YOU ARE TOTALLY NOT FLAUNTING, CHRISTINE!!! You've been dreaming of this for YEARS, and you're finally able to go and just ACK!!!! Scream and flail and be excited all you want, you wonderful bean!!!! But also make sure to tell us all about it when you get back, please. That would be awesome. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'AWWWWW!!! If I could reach through the screen and hug you I would! I know what you mean about RM being the PERFECT conference. It really is. I've looked into other conferences, too, but nothing compares to this one. BUT you never know what God has planned. And one day Realm Makers may happen right near you! Like I said, it's at a completely difference city every year, so you just never know. Keep holding on to that dream. If God means for you to go one day, He's gonna provide a way! And I also hope the year you get to go, I do too because MEETING YOU WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!!

      Thanks so much for everything, my sweet Kenzie bean. You always find a way to make me smile. Do not worry, I ginormous post alllll about RM will be coming! I promise. Until then! <3333

      Delete
  15. No, no, it's perfectly fine for you (and the half-million other people going too) to flail about it as much as you want! It doesn't hurt at all. Seeing your guys' excitement at your dreams coming true, if anything, makes me more hopeful that someday I'll be making a similar announcement.

    And you must tell us all about it when you get back --- reading everybody's posts and getting all the different perspectives on the same event, with people we know from one place popping up in pictures or something on someone else's blog, is almost as much fun as going ourselves (and without the jetlag and sleep deprivation on the side).

    https://ofdreamsandswords.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does my heart good to hear! I was really worried about it. But you make such a good point. Seeing others find ways to go is proof that it IS possible. AND IT IS. I'm just sure you'll be able to go one day!

      A ginormous recap post will be coming your way in hopefully the next couple of weeks!!! IT. WAS. AMAZING. I cannot wait to share about it all with you guys! And I 100% agree about getting all the different perspectives. I was clinging to every single word and picture of all my friends' posts last year from the event. It's so fun seeing everyone's experiences with it!

      (And yeah, sleep deprivation is definitely a thing... Z_Z)

      Delete
  16. Have a wonderful time! I'm so excited that you're going to your first writers conference! This is a great first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, IT WAS AMAZING. Possibly the most magical experience of my life! It was definitely a wonderful first. Can't wait to share all about it! :D

      Delete
  17. Aw, we'll miss you!!! Have an AWESOME time at Realm Makers and YES!!! Tell us all about it and what you learned when you get back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, MY DEAR! I just got back a couple of days ago and ooooh my goodness, it was THE BEST. Can't wait to put together a big ol' recap for you guys! <3

      Delete
  18. I'm crying, Christine. This was really comforting for me.
    I'm just now reading this (*hides face*), but thank you. I hope you had a fantastic time at RM. <3

    -Hanna
    takingmytime.rothfuss.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Hanna! *HUGS* I'm so glad. I never want to hurt any of you.

      RM was amazing, and if I could I'd bring every single one of my blogging friends with me to the next one! Maybe one day we will ALL be there, yes? :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...