The absolutely wonderful Sarah from Sarah Plain and Average has awarded me! If you don’t follow her blog, you must! She’s delightful!
So we’ve got two awards going, both the Liebster Award and the Sunflower Award, so I’m going to copy Sarah here and sort of combine them.
~ The Rules ~
1. Link the blog that nominated you for the award.
2. Choose eleven bloggers to nominate that have less than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions given to you.
4. Let the people who you've nominated know when you've done so.
5. You can't nominate the person that has nominated you.
6. Create eleven questions for the bloggers you've nominated to answer.
7. You must follow the blog that nominated you.
~ My Questions ~
Here are the questions Sarah asked for her nominees to answer.
Where were you born?
In a hospital. I know, amazing.
If you could meet any ONE fictional character, whether from a book or movie, who would it be?
*blinks* SARAH?! Y U DO THIS TO ME??? Just ONE??? Goodness gracious me. . . Does the Doctor from Doctor Who count? He’s not from a book or movie, but it is a TV show. Of course, he’s real, not fictional. What was I thinking? Silly me. Um. . . *thinks hard* Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle? He may or may not be my favorite fictional character after the Doctor. *cough*
Do you prefer coffee or hot tea?
Er. . .neither? I don’t really like either of them. Sweet tea, yes! But not so much hot tea. I wish I liked coffee and hot tea, but, sadly, I don’t. I guess if I had to have one or the other I prefer hot tea. Coffee is just kind of gross despite its heavenly smell.
If you had (or do have) an abundance of money, what is your ideal dream vacation?
Hahaha! I definitely don’t have an abundance of money! But ideal dream vacation would be to New Zealand to see all the places The Lord of the Rings and Narnia movies were filmed (Hobbiton especially!).
If you could travel to any time period (Medieval era, western 1800s, 1950's, etc), where would you go?
Medieval era would be AWESOME to visit! Now, I wouldn’t want to live there, it probably wasn’t pleasant at all, but just for a little visit, that’d be great.
Medieval or Futuristic?
*Points to above answer* Medieval all the way!!! (Says the girl who just started a futuristic story. . . I don’t know how that happened.)
Would you rather travel cross country in a plane or car?
I would LOVE to go in a plane! I’ve never been in one and I love heights, so that would be awesome!
If you could be either an Elf, Dwarf, or Hobbit, which would you be?
Hehehe. I’m an elf, of course!
Do you prefer to play a musical instrument or simply listen?
Oh man. . .that’s a tough one. I think it just depends on what mood I’m in, or the circumstances. While alone I love playing the piano, but in a group I’d much rather listen. I hate playing in front of people. *shudders*
Who is your best friend? (This isn't a test, it could be (me!) a sister, Pippin, or a pet--which, if this is the case, you seriously need to get out in the world more.)
*cough, cough* So having a poodle as your best friend is bad? Oh. Is fictional people bad? Ahem. All right, in all honesty, I actually have many best friends! You guys know who you are! And my sister definitely counts as one of them!
What is your favorite TV show?
This question hurts me sometimes. I have three: Merlin, Doctor Who, and Sherlock (yes, all BBC shows), and sometimes I say that’s the order they’re my favorite. But then some days I’m all obsessing unhealthily over Sherlock, and then others I have my nose pressed against the window waiting for the TARDIS to appear in our front yard, and then there are those times I’m crying in a dark corner over Merlin. So I think I’ve decided I love them all equally, it just depends on what mood I’m in. (Right now it’s a Sherlock mood, although I was thinking about Merlin yesterday. . .)
~ The Rules ~
1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions set by your nomination blogger- Nominate 11 bloggers
3. Set questions for the nominated bloggers.
~ The Facts ~
1. I have a flare for the dramatic, I actually like it when movies and such make me cry. Weird, right?
2. I’m really hungry right now and probably should get a snack instead of blogging.
3. I have this thing for hot air balloons. Riding in one someday is one of the top things on my bucket list.
4. I don’t actually have a physical bucket list, but I’ve got it all down mentally. *taps head*
5. I also love pretty watches and clocks and such. (Notice my blog banner has these things in it. Hehe.)
6. Even though I love clocks, I can’t stand the sound of a clock ticking. It drives me nuts! I’ve always sympathized with Captain Hook.
7. Did I mention I love Peter Pan? Because I LOVE Peter Pan.
8. I have absolutely no plans to grow up. *nods firmly*
9. Into the Glorious by Christy Nockels just started playing. A dear friend gave me one of her CDs for my birthday a couple of years ago and I’ve loved her music since.
10. I’ve always wondered why these awards always use 11 things (11 facts, 11 questions, 11 nominees). 10 is so much better, guys. 10 is a perfect number.
11. See? I can’t even think of a 11th fact. I don’t like uneven numbers. Oh! There. An 11th fact. *grins*
~ My Questions ~
Since this is a combined award, Sarah only asked five more questions.
What color are your eyes?
Green. But sort of a dark, hazel-ish green with brownish flecks, and outlined in blue. It’s like my eyes are trying to be three different colors at once. But, overall, I’d definitely say green.
Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
Read a book, most definitely! Then again, I guess it depends on which book and which movie, but I still say I like reading best. I don’t watch movies a whole lot.
Who is your favorite Disney princess? (Elsa and Anna count!)
Belle from Beauty and the Beast! Wait. . .argh. Actually, Rapunzel from Tangled might has replaced my love for Belle. I love Rapunzel way too much. But I still adore Belle! I’ve always been able to relate to her since, well, we’re practically the same person personality-wise. But after seeing Tangled for the first time, Mom said Rapunzel was just an animated version of me, looks and personality-wise, sooo yeah. I don’t know, I love them both! Also Cinderella, she’s fabulous.
If given the choice, would you rather write a letter or talk on the phone? One or the other, texting is not a choice in this question. :]
Meeeeeeep!!!! All right, guys, honesty time. I. . .I. . .hate writing letters. *hides* *peeks out* Erm, yeah, it’s true. You’d think a writer would love to write letters, but I really don’t. I don’t enjoy it at all. My handwriting is atrocious and I never know what to say and just, ugh, it’s a mess. But, also, I hate talking on the phone. It terrifies me!! So this question is just bad all around. I guess maybe actually I’d choose the telephone, which is shocking, being as how much I despise that fear-inducing device. But once I do it I realize it’s not actually that bad. So yeah, probably the phone. . . .Maybe.
If you could do something drastically awesome, and wouldn't have to worry about being judged by others, what would it be? (i.e. get a haircut you normally wouldn't choose, buy an expensive something you've wanted all your life, etc.)
Wow. This is a hard question. Um. . . Move to London and have my own little bookshop there! Eheh. That might just be a dream, but honestly, if I had the opportunity to do that, I totally would!
All right, since I’m combining these two awards I’m going to do only one set of questions:
~ YOUR Questions ~
1. Would you rather have the ability to fly, turn invisible, or have perfectly clean teeth where you never have to brush them again? (Of course I’m serious.)
2. Do you have a water buffalo?
3. Do you have a pet of any kind? (Siblings count. Juuust kidding! ;P)
4. What advice would you give to that poor old woman who lives in a shoe?
5. Favorite song? (Yes, I know I’m evil.)
6. If you had to change your first name, what would you choose?
7. Cake, pie, ice cream, or cookie?
8. What are three simple little things in life that make you happy?
9. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are your top three things on it?
10. What’s your favorite fairytale?
11. Who’s your favorite fictional villain? (It can be from a book, show, movie, or whatever.)
~ The Nominees ~
I shalt pass on these awards to these lovely ladies. . .
Since there are two awards, I’m going to do this a little differently. For those of you that have been nominated and prefer coffee over hot tea, the Liebster Award is yours. But if you like hot tea over coffee, then that means you’ve won the Sunflower Award. (And yes, I did get this idea from one of the questions I was asked. *cough*)
Thank you so much for passing this along to me, Sarah! I had a blast doing it!
(And, just so you all know, I think Liebster means “dearest” in. . .German? I’m not sure, some other language, so that’s where this post’s title came form. It’s not totally random.)