Thursday, November 21, 2013

Over the Cliff and Through the Word Counters to NaNo Land We Go


Once Upon a Time. . .

I lost my mind.

NaNoWriMo 2013 Wordcounter (100k)

100,000 words were hit today. Hit my life right off a cliff. My sanity was already down there, of course. Sometimes I lean over the cliff and wave at them fondly.

Then I go back to writing.

Because I’m not finished yet! I made my goal of doing a double NaNo, but I also had a goal of writing at least 2k words every single day of the month. And I’ve got 9 more days of that. But now it’s not a matter of getting the words, instead it’s just trying to make it to the end of the story, which is rapidly approaching.

Wow. Only 9 days left of NaNo. Can you believe it? We’re almost to the final week.

My characters have really made some leaps this week. Darven and Leiden actually started being. . .friendly to one another! It’s a miracle! Most of their conversations end up in misunderstandings, or arguments, or your full out screaming match. I blame Darven, since, you know, it’s basically his fault. Leiden is always trying to be friendly, but Darven doesn’t exactly make friends. But then the unthinkable happened. Leiden joked with him, and Darven joked back. It took my by such surprise I just had to sit back and grin at the screen for a while.

And then it happened again. And again. And next thing I knew, they weren’t two people forced to commune with one another. Slowly, but surely, they’re becoming brothers. They’re learning to trust one another, rely on each other. I mean, let’s be real here, they still argue, a lot. But the arguments usually end in friendly banters. As if I didn’t already love these two enough! *huggles them*

Yep, I’ve come a long way with these two. Our journey is approaching its end, which kind of makes me sad, but I’m sure they’ll stick in my head and banter away with all the other characters who refuse to give me peace. Plus, they’ll return in the last couple of books of this series. And let’s not forget rewrites. Actually, let’s do. I don’t want to think about rewrites right now. . .

Ahem. So. NaNo 2013 is still going pretty great!

I just hope my life is okay down at the bottom of that cliff.

Can't Talk, Noveling NaNoWriMo Badge

 

Favorite Writings of the Day:

A new noise alerted everyone to the doorway. Scuffling and screams echoed from the hall. A knight appeared, clinging tight to a girl writhing in his grip.

"Lord Reziq!" the knight cried, struggling to keep the girl constrained. "I found her sneaking through the halls. Shall I throw her in the dungeon?"

The girl settled, taking in everyone in the room. She and Darven made eye contact, and her face drained white, most likely from his expression. He could feel his blood boiling.

If they got out of there alive, he was going to give Leiden a long lecture on falling in love with foolish princesses.

3 comments:

  1. The title and beginning of this post? I died laughing. You're apparently hilarious when you've been lost in NaNo land. XD (and... all the time, because you're just that awesome. But still.)

    Yupper. My Lauri hit 100k in 3 weeks. Am I shocked? Yes. But I ought to have learned to expect it with the way your fingers fly. :D A big congrats to you and I can't wait to hear you hit "the end"! ^_^

    YOU'RE EPIC. *NaNo huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And I forgot to mention how much I LOVE that snippet and the fact that they're finally getting along! Mostly. XD Also, that "can't talk, noveling" button must have been MADE for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks! My brain gets even weirder during NaNo. It's just kind of all over the place. Seriously, I have the STRANGEST thoughts and ideas during November. As if I'm not odd enough. XD

      Yes, finally getting along! It's a nice change.

      That button is totally me every single day! I want a t-shirt of that just to wear for the entire month. Hehe.

      YOU'RE THE SWEETEST!!! <3 *huggles back*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...