Thursday, April 11, 2013

Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award

I am such a shameful blogger. The fantastic Kiri Liz awarded me with a blog award over a month ago and here I am getting to it just now. I am so honored by her kindness!

Brilliant Blog Bouquet

~Rules~

Put a link to who gave you the award
Post the award to your blog
Answer the questions
Choose 5 blogs to receive the award
Let them know you've awarded them

Questions~

1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be?
Roses have always had a special spot in my heart so I’m inclined to say something with “Rose” in the name. Actually though, Sweet Pea has always been my signature flower, mainly because I love sweet pea scented things like lotion, soap, etc. Not to mention it’s pink, and everyone I know (or even barely know) is aware that pink is my favoritest color ever. All that to say, if I had chosen a flower pen name for myself it would no doubt have something to do with sweet peas.

Sweet PeaSweet Pea

2. What is your favorite ever Bible verse and why?
Favorite Bible verse? Gracious… There are just so, so many, I can never really choose! I’ve always been very fond of Psalm 18:2: “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” It’s something I like to remind myself daily.

3. What are the blogs which inspire you most?
Of Faerie & Faith, Christ is Write, Further Up & Further In, Go Teen Writers, Lianne Taimenlore, Nothing Less than Bread, and…my entire blog list plus some.

4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
Ireland or New Zealand! No doubt about it. Or just a trip across the entirety of Europe then head off over to New Zealand. Yeah, that sounds good.

5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.
Ah, just thinking about what Jesus did for me, dying on that cross so I can be with my Lord and Savior for eternity…it brings tears to my eyes. I was at the age of 7 when I gave my heart to Him. My entire family was trying to get over a stomach virus and we were all in desperate need for something to pass away the time so my dad and brother left to go to a nearby video store to rent some movies for us all (yep, back in the days where you actually went to a video rental store, before Netflix). My little sister was just a baby at the time so it was mainly mom and I hanging out. We were in her and dad’s bedroom atop the bed when we started discussing godly matters. Having been raised in a Christian home I already had much of the knowledge, I had just yet to accept Him into my heart. But something happened that evening. As mom and I talked and talked I felt a stirring and excitement within me and I gave my heart to the Lord then and there. Best day of my life? OH YES! Who cares about stomach viruses!

Awarding~

I’m passing on this award to these 5 lovely ladies:

Sienna North
Sky
Jessa Bri
Kellie
Sarah Elizabeth

Instead of asking new questions, this award has the same five questions for everyone. If anyone else wants to answer these questions in a comment or their own blog, feel free to!

Questions-
1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be?
2. What is your favorite ever Bible verse and why?
3. What are the blogs which inspire you most?
4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, for something else fun, Kiri Liz also has a list of 11 questions on her blog post HERE that obligates all readers of said post to answer them in either a comment on that post or on their own blog. I couldn’t resist answering them, they seemed like such fun questions. Since I’m doing this blog award, I thought I would just answer these questions here as well.

1. Do you have any allergies? If so, which ones?
I think the better question is: Do I not have any allergies? I tend to become allergic to everything after a while. To name a few: Chocolate (at least when I was little, I might be over that but I actually hate chocolate [yes, you read that right] so I don’t eat enough of it to know if I’m allergic to it anymore or not), penicillin, Ibuprofen, pretty much every soap ever (my skin is uber sensitive and eventually develops an allergy for basically everything I put on it after a while), hotdogs, artificial cinnamon (I guess that’s what you’d call it. I can’t have cinnamon candy or use something like cinnamon toothpaste), erm…I’m drawing a total blank at the moment but, needless to say, I get allergic to stuff all the time.

2. Would you rather be a skilled musician, a talented writer, or a brilliant artist?
Talented writer! No question. I adore music and wish I was more skilled at it and I would love to be able to draw, but writing is most definitely my biggest passion.

3. Do you say "sur-rup" or "seer-rup"?
Sur-rup.

4. Favorite non-Disney animated movie?
How to Train Your Dragon. Love it!!

How to Train Your Dragon

5. Last book you read?
Well, I’m almost done with This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti, but the last book I read in full would be Me, Just Different by Stephanie Morrill.

6. Which book would you recommend to me to read? And why?
O____O So…many…books… Well, my favoritest series ever is the Dragons in Our Midst and Oracles of Fire series (which happens to be one series, the names just changes halfway through…it’s confusing) by Bryan Davis.The first book of the series is Raising Dragons so I’d recommend that one.

Raising Dragons Cover

7. Favorite breakfast?
I usually don’t eat breakfast honestly, it just doesn’t settle well with me, but when I do pancakes would definitely be first choice. I love me some pancakes.

8. If time travel were possible, which Bible story would you love to watch live?
Goodness me, tough one! I think going back and watching the animals enter the Ark would be so amazing. I know that’s really random, but I love animals and it just seems like it’d be fascinating. I’m a strange one…

9. What song do you find yourself singing a lot?
Our God by Chris Tomlin. One of my most favorite songs and constantly going through my head.

10. Are you a Grammar Nazi?
YES. I refer to myself as one constantly. And yet I make so many mistakes myself…

11. What three words would you use to describe my blog, Lianne Taimenlore?
Fun. Creative. Inspirational. (Seriously, I just LOVE your blog!!)

I hope the rest of this week is a blessed one for everyone! (Where did this week go??)

6 comments:

  1. Ah, Laurie! Thanks so much for the award and for also linking to me! That so sweet and very touching! Dragons in Our Midst is such a good series, too! Although towards the end I could barely wrap my mind around it all anymore, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigoodness! Thanks so much for awarding me!! ^__^
    I loved reading the Q&A you concluded with and may have to do something like that on my blog sometime!

    Thank you again!
    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my honor to award you, Lauriloth! I love your blog, too! I can never visit here without once getting a smile. :D

    HTTYD! Epic movie!

    Ooh! I've read some of Bryan Davis's books, and I really liked Raising Dragons. Have you read any of his newer books? I think he was writing another series about Billy and Bonnie's children...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kellie - I love your blog, I absolutely wanted to award you! ^_^ I know what you mean about DiOM, it gets so ridiculously confusing after a while. I love a crazy, in depth plot though, so I certainly didn't mind!

    @Sarah - You're absolutely welcome! I wanted to!
    You ought to do something like that, it was a blast!

    @Kiri - Awww, thank you so much
    HTTYD, yes! I love it to death!
    Have you? :D They're absolutely my favorites. Yes, he kind of started continuing the series in a new one. I've read the first book, Song of the Ovulum, but I've yet to get my hands on the second. I really, really want it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award! Now my turn to answer the questions :)

    Questions-
    1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be?
    Hmm... probably Rose.

    2. What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
    Joshua 1:9! It's so comforting to know that God is with me, so I need not fear, but I can step forward with courage.

    3. What are the blogs which inspire you most?
    It depends on the topic; I like Copyblogger for marketing-related stuff, and there are so many photography blogs I love that I can't even begin to list them all. The Rebelution blog is extremely inspiring! Plus, there are a lot of writing/fantasy blogs that I love to follow.

    4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
    Norway? Antarctica? Switzerland? Ireland? I can't decide!

    5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.
    I became Christian at a very young age (my 2 and 1/2 birthday -- I remember it vividly!), influenced by my missionary parents. However, since I was raised in a very secular Japanese culture, I did have to wrestle with a lot of questions about God and faith throughout my childhood, so faith was not an all-at-once but rather an up-and-down-but-finally-there experience!

    1. Do you have any allergies? If so, which ones?
    Nope, thankfully!

    2. Would you rather be a skilled musician, a talented writer, or a brilliant artist?
    All three. Seriously, I can't decide. I LOVE music (especially guitar and piano), I LOVE writing, and I LOVE art/photography.

    3. Do you say "sur-rup" or "seer-rup"?
    Sur-rup. Unless I'm practicing my British accent!

    4. Favorite non-Disney animated movie?
    Megamind!

    5. Last book you read?
    Mara, Daughter of the Nile

    6. Which book would you recommend to me to read? And why?
    Blackbringer! It's a sweet fantasy that I totally love, that more people need to read :)

    7. Favorite breakfast?
    Fresh nectarines and berries and peaches with scones.

    8. If time travel were possible, which Bible story would you love to watch live?
    Esther! Definitely, no doubt about it!

    9. What song do you find yourself singing a lot?
    I randomly sing quite a few songs, but one that's been on my mind lately is Enya's May it Be.

    10. Are you a Grammar Nazi?
    I hope not. Bad grammar does bug me, but I never point it out unless someone asks me to.

    11. What three words would you use to describe my blog, Lianne Taimenlore?
    Funny, random, and...hmm...infused-with-life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're mighty welcome, Sienna! I loved reading your answers here. ^_^ Your favorite breakfast is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...