Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This is Going to Take a While…

I must admit to something. I have not started editing until just last night. But, on the other, more optimistic, hand: I started editing last night! ^_^

In my defense, I have been sick and feeling quite dead for the past few days. I could barely pay attention to the screen in front of me, which is no state to edit in. I would probably have made my book worse if I tried to edit like that. <--Valid excuse!! *cough*

Anyways, I did begin editing last night. And you know what? I edited for 45 whole minutes! You know how much I got edited?

……

……

……

One page.

Yep, 45 whole minutes and just a few paragraphs edited.

This…is going to take a while.

So, why did it take me that long? Well, for this book I am very determined to make it well written. I want clever words and flowing sentences, a nice story and interesting read. When I started this book I promised myself I would put 110% into it, and so that is what I am going to do. So yes, I spent 45 minutes editing a few paragraphs, criticizing every single word and examining  each punctuation mark until the poor little things squirmed. Tedious work indeed, but I think it is good for me. Plus, I actually quite enjoyed myself.

I shall continue on. Wear out my backspace button to its limits and choke my brain to its final thinking capacity. But at least I shall have a book that is edited!

Chaaarge!!

4 comments:

  1. Keep working at it! You've inspired me to keep working on my story, too (although I'm far from the editing stage)!

    I really enjoy your blog, and I'd love to hear about your characters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. You are just so sweet!^^ It was actually your blog that inspired me to start talking more about my writing here. I really enjoy hearing about your own writing!

    I think I will soon talk about my story and characters. Might be my next post! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, don't worry if you take a long time to write something--make every word count! Just make sure to do it right. :]
    Whenever it takes me a long time to edit, I always look up at my wall and read this quote:

    "Having imagination, it takes you an hour to write a paragraph, that if you were unimaginative, you would only take a minute. Or you might not write the paragraph at all." --Franklin P. Adams

    Hey, it's okay to take a long time. Keep at it! I am sure it will be worth it in the end!
    By the way, this is TD. :]

    --A.W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That quote is so inspiring. Thank you! That really helps!^_^ I think I need to put that somewhere where I can see it everyday, too. ;)

    Thanks, TD, you're awesome!^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...